tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Who is planting a garden this year?

Nenuphar

Re: Who is planting a garden this year?

Post  Nenuphar on Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:44 pm

We have at least three months of snow left, but I am already getting the urge to plant some seeds!  Thank goodness for seed catalogs and gardening magazines.  They keep me going until mid-March, when I start a few things indoors.   Big Grin 2   Looking forward to growing some varieties that have become favourites (e.g., Beurre de Rocquencourt wax beans, leeks, Detroit Red beets, and Green Arrow peas) and trying a few new varieties (Pink Bumblebee tomatoes, Paul Robeson tomatoes, Starlight Rose zinnias, and Snowcap pole beans).
    Jenetta

Who Is Planting A Garden This Year?

Post  Jenetta on Fri May 16, 2014 9:38 pm

[quote="mudra"]

For me, gardening is a form of prayer. Most people have an awareness of life and death, but few have an an awareness of life, death, and life again. Gardeners do though.

Bulbs come up every spring. Then in winter, it looks like there's nothing there, no hope for life ever again. Then, Hallelujah! Next spring they're back even fuller. Perennials - same thing.

Annuals have a slightly different lesson. Annuals really do die, but they broadcast seeds before they go. Where there was only one calendula the year before, there will be ten this year, and one day, they will fill every empty space in your garden. Annuals are a lesson in the difference one living thing, plant or person, can make, and how their presence resonates long after they're gone. There again, the effects are not immediate. There is always the winter. And when you consider the garden as a whole, well, winter is a time to reflect, a time to dream. It gives you time to ask the big questions...

Gardening is an affirmation of divine timing. Some years, in early spring, my enthusiasm takes an ugly turn, and I seemingly believe I can make spring happen earlier than it normally would, if I just work hard enough, if I till enough, compost enough, harden off seedlings earlier than I normally would. In the end, I wind up with twelve flats of dead seedlings. Then I direct seed a couple months later, and with much less effort, everything grows into the full glory it was destined to encompass. To everything there is a season. Amen.

Kaya McLaren

Love Always
    mudra

Bon Jovi - Hallelujah (Rock In Rio, Madrid 2010)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crmxPdnxHjM

Hmmmm....tomatoes, zucchini, carrots (dragon&nante), beets, broccoli...to name a few and I can't wait until the crop blossoms however with this dimmer sun the seedlings are taking their good ole time hatching. Can't rush things though and there is always the winter for the chard and the kale.

Post  Nenuphar on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:16 am

Hi Mudra,

Do you know the title of that painting? It's beautiful!
    mudra

Post  mudra on Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:57 am

Nenuphar wrote:Hi Mudra,

Do you know the title of that painting?  It's beautiful!  

I unfortunately don't know Nenuphar and can't find that painter's name on the internet either :(.
    I agree it's a very beautifull one. I would have loved to see other pieces of heART that painter did.

Much Love for You Nenuphar as well as Jenetta for quoting my post.

Looks like you are well on your way to have a great  harvest this year Jenetta.
    I have now tomatoes, radishes , various lettuces , strawberries and all kinds of herbs on my balcony.
    The rest is flowers for the bees :)

mudra
    Jenetta

Who Is Planting A Garden This Year?

Post  Jenetta on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:29 am

mudra wrote:
    Nenuphar wrote:Hi Mudra,

Do you know the title of that painting?  It's beautiful!  

I unfortunately don't know Nenuphar and can't find that painter's name on the internet either :(.
    I agree it's a very beautifull one. I would have loved to see other pieces of heART that painter did.

Much Love for You Nenuphar as well as Jenetta for quoting my post.

Looks like you are well on your way to have a great  harvest this year Jenetta.
    I have now tomatoes, radishes , various lettuces , strawberries and all kinds of herbs on my balcony.
    The rest is flowers for the bees :)

mudra

Very ambitious of you Mudra to have strawberries especially on a balcony. I've left fruits and herbs out of my garden except for basil, however I will have broccoli, carrots, tomatoes, beets, swiss chard and zucchini (which is growing far faster then my container box can handle so a transplant is in order). Plus I have jumbo sunflowers I've seeded and they too are growing tall. My flowers too are a great addition for the hummingbirds and bees. We're having a short period of a cool, wet spell however summer is not over yet and the sun will return. Happy planting Mudra and thank you for all that you do.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:20 pm