tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~


    Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Share
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Fri May 27, 2011 7:40 pm

    One definition of a healer/healing-

    Henry J.M. Nouwen
    A Safe Place


    Healing means, first of all, the creation of an empty but friendly space where those who suffer can tell their story to someone who can listen with real attention. As healers we have to receive the story of our fellow human beings with a compassionate heart – a heart that does not judge or condemn but recognizes how the stranger’s story connects with our own. We have to offer safe boundaries within which the often painful past can be revealed and the search for a new life can start.

    Our most important question as healers is not, “what to say or to do?” but, “how to develop enough inner space where the story can be received?” Healing is the humble but also very demanding task of creating and offering a friendly empty space where strangers can reflect on their pain and suffering without fear, and find the confidence that makes them look for new ways right in the center of their confusion”.


    Last edited by HigherLove on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Fri May 27, 2011 7:57 pm

    Starhawk: “Dreaming the Dark” (excerpt):

    Community.
    Somewhere there are people
    To whom we can speak with passion
    Without having the words catch in our throats.
    Somewhere
    A circle of hands will open to receive us.
    Eyes will light up as we enter.
    Voices will celebrate with us
    Whenever we come into our own power.
    Community
    Means strength that joins our strength
    To do the work that needs to be done.
    Arms to hold us when we falter.
    A circle of healing.
    A circle of friends.
    Someplace
    Where we can be
    Free
    avatar
    Sanicle

    Posts : 1853
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Sanicle on Fri May 27, 2011 8:26 pm

    So true Higher Love, healing we can give every day. I'm sure most on the Path with their open hearts provide this safe, warm place for others to share and unburden. Sadly a lot of people in this busy world just don't seem to have the time to 'chat' these days but, more importantly, really listen and care about what's being said. We all need to be loved and understood.
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Fri May 27, 2011 8:48 pm

    Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS


    Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS)
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Fri May 27, 2011 9:03 pm

    Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS


    Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Fri May 27, 2011 9:08 pm

    Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS


    Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Fri May 27, 2011 9:36 pm

    Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS



    Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Mon May 30, 2011 9:15 am

    Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS


    Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Sanicle

    Posts : 1853
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Sanicle on Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am

    Thank you so much for sharing Higher Love. Ah the joys and sadness of sharing life with those we love when they become ill like Dan and suffer so. But I'm sure that with a heart as open as yours that he was able to fill it more easily with all the wonderful memories you now have to treasure because you allowed him to place them there, and gave him yours as well which I'm sure he still has and treasures. It may sound corny but Love really is a gift that goes on giving and an open heart is a blessing in more ways than many realize, that treasure we can hold onto forever being one of them.

    And I'm so rapt for you that you and Gregg have found each other again. cheers That's a beautiful story. What a brilliant new beginning for you both. Hugs
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Mon May 30, 2011 1:09 pm

    Aw shucks. Thanks.

    It feels like Nutbar And at other times like The Floyd
    ______________

    Just like that? Off the market?

    All I know is if I saw anybody else it would really hurt him. So, I promised to try.

    We both feel like giddy high school kids.

    He is in the midst of planning his first trip up here.

    I am going to need to Drink Wine first.

    Sorry (again lol) in advance.

    This is better than chocolate.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18629
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  mudra on Mon May 30, 2011 3:18 pm

    You carry your Avatar so well HigherLove .
    I can see your Heart shining and glowing eternal and ever present .
    There is something I read about Love ... that it does'nt hurt ...only the absence of Love does.
    Your Love is healing the wounds as gently as a soft breeze blowing on a rose .
    The flagrance this drives into space I can smell here right now.
    Have you been told lately that you are loved ? Because you are .

    May your day be filled with fresh dew and sunny rays , smiling faces and peace in your Heart.

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18629
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  mudra on Tue May 31, 2011 9:05 am

    HigherLove wrote:
    One definition of a healer/healing-

    Henry J.M. Nouwen
    A Safe Place


    Healing means, first of all, the creation of an empty but friendly space where those who suffer can tell their story to someone who can listen with real attention. As healers we have to receive the story of our fellow human beings with a compassionate heart – a heart that does not judge or condemn but recognizes how the stranger’s story connects with our own. We have to offer safe boundaries within which the often painful past can be revealed and the search for a new life can start.

    Our most important question as healers is not, “what to say or to do?” but, “how to develop enough inner space where the story can be received?” Healing is the humble but also very demanding task of creating and offering a friendly empty space where strangers can reflect on their pain and suffering without fear, and find the confidence that makes them look for new ways right in the center of their confusion”.



    love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    lindabaker

    Posts : 1381
    Join date : 2010-04-15
    Location : straight ahead

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  lindabaker on Tue May 31, 2011 4:46 pm

    To be contacted by someone whom you have loved since you were 19 years old is truly magical. Troy, try to be calm and cool...ha ha that's so difficult. We are truly glad to hear about a re-connection for you. Let us trust that he has grown spiritually as much as you obviously have! Luck to you, Troy. Linda
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Tue May 31, 2011 7:43 pm

    mudra-

    Thank you for your beautiful words and inspirations, as always.

    The Karen
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Tue May 31, 2011 7:49 pm

    lindabaker wrote:To be contacted by someone whom you have loved since you were 19 years old is truly magical. Troy, try to be calm and cool...ha ha that's so difficult. We are truly glad to hear about a re-connection for you. Let us trust that he has grown spiritually as much as you obviously have! Luck to you, Troy. Linda

    Try to be calm? ROTFLMAO

    Too late. It still all feels very high-schoolish. :op

    I have been a basket case. So has he.

    He is supposed to be up here this week. eep!

    He is a wonderful philosphizer, but spiritually, he is agnostic (not at all into religion, but does know of Zarathustra).

    He is intimidated by my mind, but I told him to be proud, just like I am proud of his ability to craft so many things (I have to teach him how to be competitve in a good-natured way, because men compare themselves to one another and it is usually really counterproductive -- especially when trying to establish intimacy.
    _______

    I gotta run because I will be running a group in a few minutes.

    I need to put some more time into my earthquake log, but I just cannot focus.

    PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 22551
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Carol on Tue May 31, 2011 8:10 pm

    Hi Troy. Meeting up with an old friend can be fun. Good luck with that. cheers


    _________________
    What is life?
    It is the flash of a firefly in the night, the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

    With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18629
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  mudra on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 am

    HigherLove wrote:

    Try to be calm? ROTFLMAO

    Too late. It still all feels very high-schoolish. :op

    I have been a basket case. So has he.

    He is supposed to be up here this week. eep!

    He is a wonderful philosphizer, but spiritually, he is agnostic (not at all into religion, but does know of Zarathustra).

    He is intimidated by my mind, but I told him to be proud, just like I am proud of his ability to craft so many things (I have to teach him how to be competitve in a good-natured way, because men compare themselves to one another and it is usually really counterproductive -- especially when trying to establish intimacy.
    _______

    I gotta run because I will be running a group in a few minutes.

    I need to put some more time into my earthquake log, but I just cannot focus.

    PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    We already love your friend Troy as much as you do .
    Close encounter of an old type being brought in the light of the New.
    Bless be this moment.
    Have a awesome time .

    Hugs

    Love for you
    mudra
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:54 am

    Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS


    Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    Sanicle

    Posts : 1853
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Sanicle on Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am

    Great song, and how appropriate lol. Fingers crossed for both of you. Enjoy. I love you
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:15 am

    Carol wrote:Hi Troy. Meeting up with an old friend can be fun. Good luck with that. cheers

    Things are going great. I get to hang on to him until Thursday.

    My sanity should be back in 6 months or so...

    lol


    PEACE!!!!!!!!!!

    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 22551
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Carol on Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:43 am

    Great. My husband and daughter just went to Auburn yesterday and played around in the snow at Donner Pass making snow angels.

    Hope you two have some good times during these next few days.


    _________________
    What is life?
    It is the flash of a firefly in the night, the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

    With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:08 am

    Carol wrote:Great. My husband and daughter just went to Auburn yesterday and played around in the snow at Donner Pass making snow angels.

    Hope you two have some good times during these next few days.

    I once crossed Donner Summit to see Donna Summer. 'Twas funny.

    It is a beautiful area.

    ______________

    Our reunion is going great.

    I forgot he would have a lot to teach me, too. LOL

    He is NOT competitive (with me), so forget what I said about helping him with that.

    I am now a Pittsburgh Steelers fan. lol It was that or risk a punch to the arm at 40% power. LOL

    My sister loves him, and he thinks she is really cool. Well, the whole world loves him. He is just so doggone nice and sweet and charismatic and pretty. I tease him about being the male version of Jessica Rabbit, because he cannot help it that he was "drawn this way". :op

    My Mermaid and Dolphin Oracle cards were spot-on with this. Perhaps someday I can post about that reading.

    Big Hugs,

    Troy
    avatar
    HigherLove

    Posts : 2357
    Join date : 2011-01-27
    Age : 52

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  HigherLove on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:11 am

    Oh - I have old photos of me as a kid with humming birds resting on my fingers in the Auburn foothills. I should scan those.

    :)
    avatar
    Sanicle

    Posts : 1853
    Join date : 2011-02-28
    Location : Melbourne, Australia

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Sanicle on Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:18 am

    It all sounds great Troy. Woo-hoo for both of you haha. BTW I'd love to see those photos with the hummingbirds too! Such beautiful creatures as is their meaning with the Medicine Cards. Wink How appropriate at this time.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18629
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  mudra on Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:26 am

    Sending blessings to you and your friend HigherLove.
    It is good to hear you are having of lovely time together.
    Humming birds on your fingers cheers
    Looking forward for the photos you will share with us.

    Much Love for you
    mudra

    Sponsored content

    Re: Wounded Healers: A personal journey from A-Z

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:28 pm