tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~


    Former Times Music

    Share
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:34 pm


    Repin and Lugansky play Arvo Pärt's Fratres

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FukUz9z9HkY&feature=related


    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:39 pm

    Arvo Pärt's quotes

    I could compare my music to white light which contains all colours. Only a prism can divide the colours and make them appear; this prism could be the spirit of the listener.


    Silence is the pause in me when I am near to God.


    The human voice is the most perfect instrument of all.


    Tintinnabulation is an area I sometimes wander into when I am searching for answers - in my life, my music, my work. In my dark hours, I have the certain feeling that everything outside this one thing has no meaning.


    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 pm


    That's the first video I listened to at work today. I have listened to Arvo Part all day. Have you stumbled upon some of his old cacophonic music?
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:49 pm

    I'm gonna make 6 playlists of the youtube videos I found for the selected works of Arvo Part on Wikipedia, after 1970.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvo_P%C3%A4rt#Works_for_voices_and_orchestra

    # 2 Selected works

    * 2.1 Works for voices and orchestra
    * 2.2 Works for voices and ensemble (or piano)
    * 2.3 Works for chorus (and organ)
    * 2.4 Orchestral works
    * 2.5 Works for solo instruments and orchestra
    * 2.6 Instrumental works


    Here is the first one, Works for voices and orchestra

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0CEE2FFEB203270F


    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/p/0CEE2FFEB203270F&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/p/0CEE2FFEB203270F&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="385" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm

    metaw3 wrote:
    I have listened to Arvo Part all day.


    This is beautifull ..
    If it takes you beyond this world as I... we may meet somewhere in the deep cosmos .

    metaw3 wrote:Have you stumbled upon some of his old cacophonic music?

    I think I may have but did'nt feel like staying with it more than a few seconds.

    Here is a nice interview of Arvo Pärt by Bjorck :

    Modern minimalists

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTxvmlA95Q&feature=related


    And I found this one with english subtitles now

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c08i_9gumJs&feature=related


    And now ...this goes without words

    Arvo Pärt - Fur Alina

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shMTWAuYh44&feature=related



    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 pm

    metaw3 wrote:I'm gonna make 6 playlists of the youtube videos I found for the selected works of Arvo Part on Wikipedia, after 1970.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvo_P%C3%A4rt#Works_for_voices_and_orchestra


    Sometimes when I listene to some pieces of Arvo Pärt's music I am finding myself frustrated that it ends all too quickly .
    It is therefore so great you are making these playlists .
    I am free from work until monday and will have plenty of time to listen to the one you posted.
    As a matter of fact I already do Cheerful

    Thank you so much metaw

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:15 pm

    I had a better idea than the 6 playlists. I used this page:
    http://www.arvopart.info/compositions.html

    To make a spreadsheet:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aq8oOdsf5BuWdEZtNzBEdnZKbEJkNTJMWFR2M0doeEE&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html

    Then made this channel from the spreadsheet:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/arvopartexplorer

    Each composition is a playlist. And later I will make an "all" playlist of the best videos for each composition.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:58 pm

    metaw3 wrote:I had a better idea than the 6 playlists. I used this page:
    http://www.arvopart.info/compositions.html

    To make a spreadsheet:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aq8oOdsf5BuWdEZtNzBEdnZKbEJkNTJMWFR2M0doeEE&hl=en&single=true&gid=0&output=html

    Then made this channel from the spreadsheet:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/arvopartexplorer

    Each composition is a playlist. And later I will make an "all" playlist of the best videos for each composition.

    What better person than you could have done this . This is such a gift .
    I will never be able to thank you enough for this metaw.



    Do you know Arvo Pârt composed a new piece . It's called Adam's lament and was released for the first time this late june .

    Hugs

    Love from me
    mudra

    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:04 pm

    Arvo Pärt - Sueno de Angel

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCX0FtmQkC4&feature=related


    Someone added this poem in the comments which I am finding beautifull

    " When the man sleeps,

    his soul talks to the angel,

    the angel, to the cherub,

    how beautiful it is for those who understand it,

    how absurd for those who ignore it "

    Maimonedes, Misderected's Guide 1190

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Fri Jul 30, 2010 8:33 pm

    mudra wrote:

    What better person than you could have done this . This is such a gift .
    I will never be able to thank you enough for this metaw.


    You're welcome mudra. I have finished adding at least one video for each composition. The ones still empty don't have a video on youtube.

    mudra wrote:
    Do you know Arvo Pârt composed a new piece . It's called Adam's lament and was released for the first time this late june .


    No I didn't. Thanks for the heads up.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:36 am

    [quote="metaw3"]
    mudra wrote:

    You're welcome mudra. I have finished adding at least one video for each composition. The ones still empty don't have a video on youtube.

    mudra wrote:
    Do you know Arvo Pârt composed a new piece . It's called Adam's lament and was released for the first time this late june .


    No I didn't. Thanks for the heads up.

    Here is a site dedicated to Arvo Pärt where I got the info from.

    http://www.arvopart.info/

    I 'll be able to listen to all you prepared today Cheerful

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    eMonkey

    Posts : 396
    Join date : 2010-04-14
    Location : There's no place like home.

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  eMonkey on Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:19 pm

    Medicine For Mother Earth.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:11 pm

    Thank you for your channel dedicated to Arvo Pärt metaw.
    It's been a pleasure to listen to it .
    Each piece is a treasure to me.
    I am completely loving Arvo's music.
    There is definitively something special to it that is reaching me
    straight in the soul.

    Really gratefull to you metaw.

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 pm

    Jacqueline du Pré - Bach Cello Suite N°1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_L8IP9KcMI&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:48 am

    mudra wrote:Thank you for your channel dedicated to Arvo Pärt metaw.
    It's been a pleasure to listen to it .

    You're welcome mudra.

    If you find videos I missed or new uploaded ones, post them here and I will add them to the relevant playlist on the channel.

    I've been working on a system to generate a customized spreadsheet from any web page, like the one for the channel:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tFm70DvvJlBd52LXTv3GhxA&type=view&gid=0&f=false&sortcolid=0&sortasc=false&rowsperpage=250
    That way, whatever changes on the channel, I can update the spreadsheet with one click.

    I might not be much present on the forum while developping this system as it's the kind of little project that gets all my attention, but I will check back this thread from time to time.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:51 pm

    metaw3 wrote:

    If you find videos I missed or new uploaded ones, post them here and I will add them to the relevant playlist on the channel.

    I've been working on a system to generate a customized spreadsheet from any web page, like the one for the channel:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tFm70DvvJlBd52LXTv3GhxA&type=view&gid=0&f=false&sortcolid=0&sortasc=false&rowsperpage=250
    That way, whatever changes on the channel, I can update the spreadsheet with one click.

    I might not be much present on the forum while developping this system as it's the kind of little project that gets all my attention, but I will check back this thread from time to time.

    Your work is awesome metaw. So precious for the musical community . Would be lovely to have this for more composers too. What a treasure .
    I applaude you Cheerful

    I'll take the time to go through all your videos to see if anything missing. I believe you did a thorough job though .

    Bon courage with your program.
    I'll happily see you here later.

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:56 pm

    Jacqueline du Pré plays Bhrams - Sonata for piano and cello n°1

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMiCBGUQVJg&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:06 pm

    Jacqueline du Pré - Camille Saint Saëns - The Swan

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3bhLXp1XA&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:15 pm

    Yo Yo Ma plays Paganini caprice 24

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgAurilSDXQ&feature=related



    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:19 pm

    Yo Yo Ma plays Massenet " Meditation " from Thais

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtiIpIJ5J2Q&feature=related


    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:36 pm

    metaw3 wrote:

    If you find videos I missed or new uploaded ones, post them here and I will add them to the relevant playlist on the channel.


    I found this one metaw that I can't find on the list you made

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGgSr98luQ&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:45 pm

    mudra wrote:
    I found this one metaw that I can't find on the list you made

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTGgSr98luQ&feature=related

    It was there mudra in the Festina Lente playlist. You could have sorted this spreadsheet by titles to quickly find it:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tFm70DvvJlBd52LXTv3GhxA&type=view&gid=0&f=false&sortcolid=1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:09 am

    metaw3 wrote:

    It was there mudra in the Festina Lente playlist. You could have sorted this spreadsheet by titles to quickly find it:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/lv?key=tFm70DvvJlBd52LXTv3GhxA&type=view&gid=0&f=false&sortcolid=1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250


    Indeed it was there metaw and it seems at the time I went down that list I did'nt see it .
    I believe it's going to be hard to find anything that your eyes would'nt already have caught Wink

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:00 pm

    Tina Guo - Flight of the Bumble bee- Rimsky Korsakov

    Rehearsal

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5GkX70hrzo


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU7xwO8EX_Y



    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:01 pm

    Ennio Morricone - The Crisis - The legend of 1900

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6ToDBmcQ0w&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra

    Sponsored content

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:55 am