tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~


    Former Times Music

    Share
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:55 pm

    Dowland - "Sorrow, stay", Andreas Scholl

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smH1rIZyea4&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:01 am

    Wow look at this metaw ... Cheerful

    Eric Whitacre: A virtual choir 2,000 voices strong

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NENlXsW4pM


    Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir - 'Lux Aurumque'

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:29 pm

    mudra wrote:Wow look at this metaw ... Cheerful

    Eric Whitacre: A virtual choir 2,000 voices strong

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NENlXsW4pM


    Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir - 'Lux Aurumque'

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs


    Love Always
    mudra

    I thought you knew. Yes it's great thank you. The composer TEDed it:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_whitacre_a_virtual_choir_2_000_voices_strong.html

    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:48 pm

    metaw3 wrote:

    I thought you knew. Yes it's great thank you. The composer TEDed it:
    http://www.ted.com/talks/eric_whitacre_a_virtual_choir_2_000_voices_strong.html


    I did'nt know about that virtual choir until I stumbled across that TED speech.
    What a great idea and a lovely way to connect people together .

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:12 pm

    Ivo Pogorelich Plays Ondine (Gaspard de la Nuit)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQoFOIn8dA&feature=related


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:33 am

    I post this here as I think you will like this metaw.

    Andre Krengel playing live a really nice slow ballade from iran, soltan e ghalbha,...also known as "Tschador"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2vVuXON1E


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:33 am

    mudra wrote:I post this here as I think you will like this metaw.

    Andre Krengel playing live a really nice slow ballade from iran, soltan e ghalbha,...also known as "Tschador"

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2vVuXON1E


    Love Always
    mudra

    Simple but well-played. I liked it. Thank you mudra.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:12 am

    Jeff Berlin - Bach
    Prelude in C minor


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_V7N05SX0&feature


    I love the video work on this one as well .

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:25 am

    mudra wrote:Jeff Berlin - Bach
    Prelude in C minor


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG_V7N05SX0&feature

    I love the video work on this one as well .

    Love from me
    mudra

    Interesting. I once spent a whole evening listening to arrangements of this piece on youtube. This one was new to me. It's good. Thank you.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:53 pm

    metaw3 wrote:

    Interesting. I once spent a whole evening listening to arrangements of this piece on youtube. This one was new to me. It's good. Thank you.

    Glad I could bring you something about Bach you don't already know metaw .
    I am happy you enjoyed this piece Cheerful

    Are there any new pieces of Pärt available yet on youtube ?

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:57 pm

    mudra wrote:

    Are there any new pieces of Pärt available yet on youtube ?

    Maybe. It's been 3 months since I checked.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

    Who killed Tchaikovsky? Part 1/5

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq5uG6MfL54&feature


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:00 pm

    metaw3 wrote:
    mudra wrote:

    Are there any new pieces of Pärt available yet on youtube ?

    Maybe. It's been 3 months since I checked.

    There is hope then... Wink

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:42 pm

    Beethoven's Tempest Sonata,Mov III played by young pianist Rachel

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVVcKutRAiw&feature=related


    Beethoven:Rondo a Capriccio

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_sAk6HoqSo&feature


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm


    Yiren Lu: Liszt Rigoletto

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFan-ApIs8Y


    Yiren Lu's Piano: Chopin Fantaisie Impromptu

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJdr3XMiyhA


    Yiren Lu: Mendelssohn

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bDlPl6x4ik


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:30 pm

    Valentina LisitsaSome fun clips from recording sessions

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axs4AvED258&feature=relmfu


    Wink

    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:30 pm

    Music as its highest purpose should align the individual to their true divine nature

    Pythagoras


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:38 pm

    Lisitsa Practicing piano in North Carolina during hurricane Irene

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYZ7KpnKWkI


    read notes

    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:15 pm

    I. Purcell: Dido and Aeneas / Collegium Musicum 90

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT525fHffsI


    Love Always
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:35 pm

    I once asked the universe to show me what really matters, and the answer I got was to hear the music of the spheres.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:40 am

    metaw3 wrote:I once asked the universe to show me what really matters, and the answer I got was to hear the music of the spheres.

    How beautifull metaw.
    When I was 13 I began to hear music that was not from this world like a choir of different instruments .
    It felt like coming from another plane . I still don't know why I heard it as I was'nt really not looking for
    anything like that . The perception went away as mysteriously as it appeared.
    Looking back on this experience I believe the beings that played it had heard the music of the spheres
    and where devoting themselves to honor the divine plan by expressing it's absolute beauty and perfection.

    Love for You
    mudra

    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 am

    mudra wrote:
    metaw3 wrote:I once asked the universe to show me what really matters, and the answer I got was to hear the music of the spheres.

    How beautifull metaw.
    When I was 13 I began to hear music that was not from this world like a choir of different instruments .
    It felt like coming from another plane . I still don't know why I heard it as I was'nt really not looking for
    anything like that . The perception went away as mysteriously as it appeared.
    Looking back on this experience I believe the beings that played it had heard the music of the spheres
    and where devoting themselves to honor the divine plan by expressing it's absolute beauty and perfection.

    Love for You
    mudra


    That's a good description of what I heard, but I didn't have the impression that some beings were playing it. And it was not really a sound as my ears didn't seem to be involved in perceiving it. It was more my counsciousness that was the receiver. It was definitely music though. Some kind of large, complex, multi-layered symphony choir full of joy. I think this music is the essence of the universe and it's just there for anyone to tune in with their counsciousness. What baffles me is that it doesn't happen more often to everybody to tune in naturally. I blame the rampant global cognitive dissonance created by the public relations and marketing industries during the last hundred years. They have succeeded so much in manipulating public opinion with their lies that people are addicted to it. Very few people today will accept something as real unless it comes nicely wrapped into some kind of marketed deception. Because "reality is so boring compared to a cool story". That's why people will never vote for the best politician, unless he's the one with the best ads. Humanity is addicted to being lied to, and I think that's why hearing the music of the spheres is not a more common event.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18565
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 63
    Location : belgium

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  mudra on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:20 pm

    metaw3 wrote:
    That's a good description of what I heard, but I didn't have the impression that some beings were playing it. And it was not really a sound as my ears didn't seem to be involved in perceiving it. It was more my counsciousness that was the receiver. It was definitely music though. Some kind of large, complex, multi-layered symphony choir full of joy. I think this music is the essence of the universe and it's just there for anyone to tune in with their counsciousness.

    Cheerful It seems we shared a similar experience metaw.
    My ears weren't involved either . That's why it is so difficult to describe. I just could hear it and it was absolutely beautifull and joyfull as you say . For me it was as if angels were playing this . This is how I interpreted it at the age I was in at that time.
    You are the first one I know that heard it too . Do you still hear it at times ? I must say I was'nt even listening to music in these times and there was little I knew about music at large. At another time and much later on I also experienced seeing the most breath taking visions and colors right when I would close my eyes as I was going to sleep . I so much wanted to translate this in my paintings but it seemed impossible . Nothing would match the beauty that was revealing itself to me .
    It was perception from another angle ... from the Heart and soul I would say free from the body 's usual circuitry. There was no sound there but the equivalent of the music of the spheres in visio this time .

    Love for You
    mudra
    avatar
    newel

    Posts : 803
    Join date : 2010-04-12

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  newel on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:52 pm

    mudra wrote:Do you still hear it at times ?

    No. Only once in 1998. And it was not out of the blue, but at the culmination of several weeks of deep introspection. It would be unsustainable for me to maintain that level of awareness and make a living at the same time. I'm glad I have that memory though. It's probably what I'll have on my mind when I die.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Former Times Music

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:40 am