tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

The History of Orthodox Christianity

orthodoxymoron

The History of Orthodox Christianity

Post  orthodoxymoron on Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:55 pm

In the interest of contextual superimposition, pluralistic research, and unifying ecumenism - take a look at this multipart documentary on Orthodox Christianity. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkJ0n_dkx-8&feature=related Might Orthodox Christianity be sort of a 'Middle Way' in a manner similar to the Episcopal Church? I'm not endorsing anything, at this point, but I think everything has something to offer, and we should look at everything from as many angles as possible. I don't wish to trample upon history, but I do not wish to be bound by history either. But what does an orthodoxymoron know about Orthodox Christianity? I've found it very difficult to be dogmatic about much of anything, which is probably why I haven't done much of anything. I continue to think that the alternative and secular crowds miss the boat by not making a serious study of church history. I don't wish for everyone to think alike, but I wish for everyone to be highly responsible in whatever they decide to do. The United States of the Solar System would be designed to protect the responsible exercise of most religions and political systems. That's the theory anyway. Unfortunately, history has been rather ugly, and why should I be so naive as to think that the future will be any different? But hope springs eternal. Right?
    orthodoxymoron

Re: The History of Orthodox Christianity

Post  orthodoxymoron on Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:00 am

This is an amazing interview. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVwKKsvtdag&feature=player_embedded All roads really do lead to Rome, and I continue to think that everything we discuss should be viewed from the Roman context. I continue to imagine myself as being a well-connected Renegade French Jesuit Organist. I continue to love the artistic aspects of Rome, but the history, theology, and politics are horrible, and I'm sure that most upper-level and well-informed Roman Catholics know this, but they have a Dragon by the Tail, and they are probably terrified of what might happen if they let go. As the general public finds out about all of this, things could get very, very nasty. I'm interested in this area of research, but it scares the hell out of me. I'm trying to be open and fair in all of this, and I'm trying to look at both the positive and negatives in all of this. All roads lead to Rome, but where did all of these roads originate?

My present working assumption is that the solar system probably contains thousands of unconventional craft, including asteroid and moon spacecraft, which might be friendly or unfriendly toward the human race. I get the feeling that this solar system is like the wild, wild west -- and that we might be facing a showdown at the ok corral. I certainly do not desire peace at any price, nor do I desire to end-up as space-dust. What would Anna Hayes say? I'd still like to hang-out on Phobos for a while, regardless of whether it is populated by friend or foe. But I would have to have a solid guarantee that I wouldn't be harmed or kidnapped. I still like the idea of a Theocratically-Implemented, Responsibility-Based, United States of the Solar System -- with the governmental personnel mostly located within the University of Solar System Studies and Governance campuses throughout the solar system. I've spoken of using a deconsecrated cathedral as the headquarters of a New Solar System, so just for the fun of it, today I'm thinking of either the Crystal Cathedral or St. Mary's Cathedral (or both!!) as being the headquarters, with the University of California system serving as the core of the University of Solar System Studies and Governance system. Again, this is just for the conceptual heck of it. This is a test. This is only a test. And yes, I realize that I am insane, but it's more fun that way! The UC system has solid ties to the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, and to the Los Alamos National Laboratory. I don't wish to reinvent the wheel. I just wish to have 10,000 PhD's with clipboards and safety-goggles, watching it rotate... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_California

Current date/time is Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:41 am