tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

How has everyone been doing lately ?

Threecaster

Re: How has everyone been doing lately ?

Post  Threecaster on Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Feast or Famine

A month ago we were baking to Death of the Dry Heat Hot (everybody crumble! la la ala la! Oooyeah 1 )

Now it's rain everyday. Started last Tuesday; and it's thunderstorms mostly when it comes.

Not that I'm complaining mind you...shades better than trapped in your air conditiong...

Just hard to mow the yard when it's tall AND wet...

mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:54 pm

I have been away for the last ten days on a trip to the beautifull land of Cantal in France.
    I was impressed by the clarity of the sky there and the complete absence of clouds
    as I arrived there . No chemtrails, not the slighest glitch in that blue cupola for an entire day.
    That was a premiere for me and a very delightfull one.

There is a guy flying with geeze over there Cheerful
    I was lucky enough to see him passing over our house once.

The region itself is covered with green mountains and little plots of lands in between where
    cattle graze.

There are also many castles .
    I visited this one in the charming village of Tournemire

Here is a view from the Don potery spot

and one from their garden.Amazing chards don't you think ?

And here some views from the family house where I stayed. We were celebrating the 90's birthday of my stepmother and all had a great time.
    I hope so did you . I missed you all.

Love from me
    mudra

Threecaster

Post  Threecaster on Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Wow! A trip to the old country! How very nice.

I'm a country boy, never was a farm boy, but had lots of friends who were.

That countryside you've shown above reminds me of around here:

It's good to get out once in a while.

Glad you had a good time.

devakas

Post  devakas on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:46 am

welcome back! thank you for sharing your trip pictures. nature so cozy you can even smell the wind, grass. lovely
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Aloha mudra and welcome back. What lovely photos. And what an amazing garden. Each photo is a painting waiting for a brush stroke. I'm glad your back and had such an enjoyable trip.

Here the weather has been cooler. Still warm but not hot where our home is situated, which is higher up in elevation. When we drove down to the beach on the west side it was in the 90's and a good 15-20 degrees cooler at our home. In fact, getting back to the house to escape the heat down at the beach is something much appreciated.

We're just doing a lot of reorganizing. What was in the closets is now out in the bedrooms as we're going through it to get rid of what we no long need or use. I just have an uneasy feeling with regard to solar activity and am working on getting things into place in case the grid, for whatever reason, comes down. As this is just a few weeks before my birthday (we call this the annual dying on the vine), it's a good time to complete projects so we're also out doing repairs to raised beds, working the soil and getting a better handle on composting. I'm so amazed at your garden photos mudra and really envy the soil conditions in France where their produce grows so well. After years of sugar cane and chemicals in the soil here it takes a long time for the soil to be refurbish and lots of amendments/enrichments to get the garden up and going.

There are a few more things I want to do with respect to preparation but want to add this. Since we don't know what's coming even the best prepared person may fail for the simple reason of the nature of any type of disaster. All we can do is our best in our own small way with our limited resources. Given our current climate in Hawaii at this elevation the only real need is to pump and heat water as we do have a water catchment system. Getting it out of the tank and into the house is the situation as toilets don't get water unless there is electricity to pump the water into the house. The second issue is heating water for coffee and tea. lol! Again, we put in a solar water heater but without electricity the water won't go into the house to be heated. Hence, the reason for get solar panels and generator. Gas generators rely on gas and are noisy. Not a viable option is one seeks to be self-sufficient. Getting things shipped to the islands is also very expensive and often cost just as much as the purchase price. So it takes both money to save up and time to get things shipped.

One of my fascinations about the tiny houses is how easy it is to be completely off the gird and self-contained. I suppose an RV would work just as well but again there is the whole energy problem of making things work or moving it from one location to another. Anyway, having built a small cabin in the woods years ago this was so enjoyable we'd like to do it again only this time on an 18' trailer bed so we can take it with us if we ever move. So that's it for now. We're just enjoying the land and environment. For now it's all good.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd

Post  Floyd on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:13 am

Glad you enjoyed your trip Mudras. France is great when the sun is out.

Did you see that documentary on tv about these guys who use micro lite planes teaching ducks and geese haw to fly?
    mudra

Post  mudra on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:25 am

Floyd wrote:Glad you enjoyed your trip Mudras. France is great when the sun is out.

Did you see that documentary on tv about these guys who use micro lite planes teaching ducks and geese haw to fly?

Sol began to shine on my arrival and followed me all the way home to Belgium Cheerful
    It's very hot here these days .

I had'nt seen that documentary but I just did now Floyd

Bill Lishman - Father Goose - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyeyLMte3Jc

Bill Lishman - Father Goose - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jKBAAK_yGw

Bill Lishman used a microlight aircraft to teach endangered birds that were raised by humans to fly south to a wildlife refuge in florida.

Thanks Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    Floyd

Post  Floyd on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:34 am

Nilos problemus Mudras
    Good watch that one
    Thubs Up
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:31 am

Beautiful sunrise this morning. I stood barefoot in the wet grass and did some personal energy work...
    ...whew! Strong stuff this morning...actual spasms in my chakras, then spinning and momentary dizziness, had to sit down...

LOL! as I'm typing this, it's messing with my laptop! The screen is cutting in and out...

but the damn mosquitoes!

I thought it was too cool out, but damn! I must have got ten bites in 5 minutes!....sum bitches...

S'all this rain.....

and one followed me into the house....rrrrrrrrr!

So much for relaxation!

EDIT:

My poor wife gets quarter (Euro?) sized lumps for every bite she gets, mine are just Itchy Pimples. Though fleas give me murder! Mad 1 Last year had a tiny swarm of invisible deamons smiting my ankles and feet with Tiny Very Pointy Things.

Been stung before, but did well to avoid them for many years (knock on wood!). Honeybees and Yellowjackets are just regular I guess, hurts like hell for about 5 minutes, but is generally gone in an hour...

This one blue-black wasper, well - it stung me on the leg about 3 on Wed afternoon, by that evening I had a swollen lump bigger than the palm of my hand...and red and hot...damn...glad it was on the thigh! Any place sensitive would have been hell! Laugh

Even though I OD'd (at the advice of my chemist) on anti-histamines (and felt like xxXx for it the next day) it's just now fading to a light red patch with a little hard spot at the center. (ugh...sorry for the graphic Bleh)

So it's a bug year folks!
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Insanely Happy Ahh, gotta watch out for those pesky skeeters.

Here's something to help you out.

Threecaster

Post  Threecaster on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:22 pm

This is local to my area right now. I think it's rained every day here since the middle of July. Just a taste:

LINK: "House removed from road after flood"
    Simplicity

Post  Simplicity on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:29 pm

The whole world's gone bi-polar, it seems.

We haven't had but a few inches of rain all summer. The crops are scorched.
    The lake is almost dry. Emergency restrictions have been put on the city. Farmers are
    in tears. Temps over 100 many days. Grass is dead. Flowers are dead.

I'm fortunate to have air conditioning.
    cheers sunny cheers
    mudra

Post  mudra on Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:54 am

Mother is alive, sometimes in tears and sometimes running out them as I can tell from your latest posts Threecaster and Simplicity.
    Good to see despite the extreme weather you both are safe it seems Cheerful
    She does'nt look too unhappy of Belgium at the moment.
    We had our rainy days but always balanced with sun rays.
    At the moment the sun is out daily. I am enjoying taking rides on my bike and picking raspberries in the woods as I find them.
    All is well .

Love for You
    mudra
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi, Mudra! I was just wondering about you the past couple of days. I'm glad to see that you are well. Here in N. Georgia, the tree leaves are already turning yellow and orange in places, and it seems to be about a month early!

The crops came in a month early as well...hmm, it seems to be that way the past couple of years. The midwest US is indescribably drought stricken, but here in Georgia, we have had at least some rain this year.

Here's to a good crop in 2013, as most everything is lost this year in our heartland. This is NOT what we needed! Things are dicey enough, eh?

Hello to everyone, I'm sorry I haven't logged in in much, but, I'm back...Linda
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:42 pm

Simplicity wrote:The whole world's gone bi-polar, it seems.

We haven't had but a few inches of rain all summer. The crops are scorched.
    The lake is almost dry. Emergency restrictions have been put on the city. Farmers are
    in tears. Temps over 100 many days. Grass is dead. Flowers are dead.

I'm fortunate to have air conditioning.
    cheers sunny cheers

Oh Simplicity, I feel so sorry for everyone going through the drought. We've had rain almost every day this summer so it's been wet and about 8 degrees cooler. I'm in San Francisco today and it's typical foggy summer weather.

I suspect we are going to see high food prices as a result of this drought. I also feel sorry for the animals in this heat. I remember one year living in Central Valley area in California it was over 100 degrees for over 30 days and our air conditioner didn't work. I had my feet in a bucket of water with ice cubes, wearing a wet tee-shirt and sucking on popsicles to cool down. Too hot for too long is not fun for anyone.

ceridwen

Post  ceridwen on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:04 pm

Lindabaker, Piers Corbyn has said today there is weather changing soon in US draught striken areas. He is forecasting not only rain but, winds and lightning. Being prepared might be a good idea. He is not always right but perhaps the most accurate weather forecaster on this moment

Treecaster, I have the same problem your wife has with mosquitos. I use citronella oil when I go to the woods, it works well for me. Saying that, british mosquitos are not as aggressive as US counterparts but is worth a try

Flowers
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:06 pm

ceridwen rendeer The Carol , I'm so happy to see you posting and thought we had lost you for good. Welcome back!

ceridwen

Post  ceridwen on Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:58 pm

Carol wrote: ceridwen rendeer The Carol , I'm so happy to see you posting and thought we had lost you for good. Welcome back!

Thank you Carol!

I though it was wise to let the dust settle. Anyway I had a lot to study in my Druid course, finally I managed to catch up so I am up to date

If this is just the Bardo course, I wonder what intensity will come when I do the Obate one. Never mind the druid grade eventually

Must say I am loving it but I wonder whether I have enough grey cells to stretch! It keeps me busy and happy though

Flowers

mudra

Post  mudra on Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:33 pm

lindabaker wrote:

Hello to everyone, I'm sorry I haven't logged in in much, but, I'm back...Linda

Welcome back Linda cheers
    Lovely to see you girl.

Love from me
    mudra

We Are You

Post  We Are You on Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:04 am

ceridwen wrote:
    Carol wrote: ceridwen rendeer The Carol , I'm so happy to see you posting. Welcome back!

Thank you Carol!

I though it was wise to let the dust settle. Anyway I had a lot to study in my Druid course, finally I managed to catch up so I am up to date

If this is just the Bardo course, I wonder what intensity will come when I do the Obate one. Never mind the druid grade eventually

Must say I am loving it but I wonder whether I have enough grey cells to stretch! It keeps me busy and happy though

Flowers

Attachments
    481982_300816143350135_591812418_n.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (62 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    Aquaries1111

Post  Aquaries1111 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 am

I won't be online as much.. I received an e-mail out of the blue yesterday from the Senior V.P. of Engineering at a company I used to work for 4 years ago asking me if I am available for part-time work with benefits. I'm meeting with him tomorrow to discuss the position.. I will still monitor this site and give my input whenever I can during the evening hours.. May your guides be guiding you all too in the direction that best serves you.. (I'm going golfing today to get a little workout and 4 hours in the Sun)...

eMonkey

Post  eMonkey on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:43 am

ceridwen wrote:Lindabaker, Piers Corbyn has said today there is weather changing soon in US draught striken areas. He is forecasting not only rain but, winds and lightning. Being prepared might be a good idea. He is not always right but perhaps the most accurate weather forecaster on this moment

Treecaster, I have the same problem your wife has with mosquitos. I use citronella oil when I go to the woods, it works well for me. Saying that, british mosquitos are not as aggressive as US counterparts but is worth a try

Flowers

Hmmm, been away for a while and this is the first time I read (some) of this thread.

Well as far as Mosquito's go, I have a problem wherever I go that I appear to be the main focus of Dinner, as in 'how to serve humans' pale which leaves everyone else around me free from the little buggers.

By chance I had a reading for my horoscope - hehe - nope, not the usual crayp but the mayan horoscope. There is one for every day you are born... Apparently we have power animals as spirits that help us.. Mine, is the Mosquito.. Strange really cos all they want is to dine.... take take take..

Well, in the spirit of the thread, I have not been sleeping well for some time now.. Must be getting old, you know, when you need only 3 ours sleep..... I have no answers other than my body does not seem to know which time zone it's in.

Be blessed everyone, stay blessed.
    devakas

Post  devakas on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:47 pm

everybody welcome to So. California. There is no mosquitos. nope none. evenings also free from mosquitosses.

be blessed eMonkey and everybody

namaste

We Are You

Post  We Are You on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:56 pm

eMonkey The Carol , I'm so happy to see you posting. Most welcome always

Flowers

Attachments
    fireworks4.jpg
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (182 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:40 pm

Aquaries enjoy a new beginning unfolding for you.
    Sounds like a nice opportunity Cheerful

May you do well and be happy

Love for You
    mudra

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:43 am