tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things

THEeXchanger

Re: TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things

Post  THEeXchanger on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:01 pm

‎"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
    This is the Indian theory of existence."
    -Mourning Dove (Salish) 1888-1936
    Ashera

Re: TOOT TOOT - TODAYs TOOT - Quotes by many people to inspire, and,make you ponder things

Post  Ashera on Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:41 pm

THEeXchanger wrote:‎"Everything on the earth has a purpose, every disease an herb to cure it, and every person a mission.
    This is the Indian theory of existence."
    -Mourning Dove (Salish) 1888-1936

There cannot be any theory of existence.
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:27 am

‎"I see a time of Seven Generations when all the colors of mankind will gather under the Sacred Tree of Life
    and the whole Earth will become one circle again.

In that day, there will be those among the Lakota who will carry knowledge and understanding of unity
    among all living things and the young white ones will come to those of my people and ask for this wisdom.
    I salute the light within your eyes where the whole Universe dwells.
    For when you are at that center within you and I am that place within me, we shall be one."

Chief Crazy Horse, these words I carry always, these are my small stones that I place here in my prayer tie. Mitakuye Oyas'in!
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:28 am

There are no such things as emptiness in the world.
    Even in the sky there were no vacant places.
    Everywhere there was life,visible and invisible,
    and every object possessed something that would be good for us to have also ---even to the stones....
    The world teemed with life and wisdom, there was no complete solitude for the Lakota...

Luther Standing Bear {1868 - 1937 }
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:05 pm

I have spent decades sitting and listening to Elders from all different nations.
    At one Gathering we had many Elders, Grandmothers and Grandfathers.
    All the men who spoke raged on and on about the past, they were bitter, angry and negative.
    Each Grandmother that spoke, spoke about the present and the future and not the past and were gentle in their speech and gently positive.
    They said that we have to move on from the past and stop dragging it around with us forever more as only we can change it.
    They said it is important to pass on as much as we can about our heritage and history which of course no-one will forget,
    but reminded us that American Indians are not the only nation to have suffered things like this,
    many other Nations around the world did too. It is up to us what we do about it.
    Ever since that day I have continued to listen and observe Elders,
    and since that day I have noticed that the men still go on and on about the past but the women believe in the future,
    a different future.
    That is why I speak as I do,
    I have the freedom to express my truth and the truth that I have been trained in by Grandmother Elders of many different Nations.
    The key is not to dwell in the past but to use the experiences and wisdom gained from it to move our people forward
    in a positive way that benefits All Our Relations.
    Ahau!
    Elly Dancing Crow ♥

isn't that what we all should do !!!
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:08 pm

‎*Prophecy of Chief Crazy Horse*
    "Upon suffering beyond suffering; the Red Nation shall rise again and
    it shall be a blessing for a sick world. A world filled with broken
    promises, selfishness and separations. A world longing for light
    again. I see a time of seven generations when all the colors of
    mankind will gather under the sacred Tree of Life and the whole Earth
    will become one circle again. In that day there will be those among
    the Lakota who will carry knowledge and understanding of unity among
    all living things, and the young white ones will come to those of my
    people and ask for this wisdom. I salute the light within your eyes
    where the whole universe dwells. For when you are at that center
    within you and I am that place within me, we shall be as one."

***This is a statement of Crazy Horse as he sat smoking the sacred pipe at Paha Sapa with Sitting Bull for the last time,
    four days before he was assassinated (Sept 1, 1877)
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 am

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is run by smart people who are putting us on, or by idiots who really mean it...Mark Twain
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:07 pm

"The most dangerous man, (or woman) (or child), to any government, is the man (woman/child) who is able to think things out for himself (herself)..
    Almost inevitably, he/she comes to the conclusion that the government he/she lives under is dishonest, insane, and, intolerable"
    ~ Henry Louis Mencken
    Floyd

Post  Floyd on Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:55 pm

"Evil prevails when good men (and women)do nothing"
    Burke
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 am

nice one floyd :)
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:41 am

‎"Ours is not the task of fixing the entire world at once, but of stretching out to mend the part of the world that is within our reach."
    --Clarissa Pinkola Estes
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:40 pm

What would the child you used to be, think of who you are today ???
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:41 pm

toot toot - todays toot

--We each have within ourselves our own eternal child of wonder.

Remember who you are.

Find your Fire.

Reclaim the infinite imagination and ability to create.

It is still and has always been right here, in your Heart. ~Geo♥

George E. Green
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:43 am

"I wanted to feel, smell, hear and see,
    but not see with my eyes and my mind only
    . I wanted to see with CANTE ISTA - the eye of the heart."
    --Lame Deer, LAKOTA
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:42 am

‎::::::::::::::::::The Strangest Secret:::::::::::::::::

George Bernard Shaw said, "People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, they make them."

Well, it's pretty apparent, isn't it? And every person who discovered this believed (for a while) that he was the first one to work it out. We become what we think about.

Conversely, the person who has no goal, who doesn't know where he's going, and whose thoughts must therefore be thoughts of confusion, anxiety and worry - his life becomes one of frustration, fear, anxiety and worry. And if he thinks about nothing... he becomes nothing.

How does it work? Why do we become what we think about? Well, I'll tell you how it works, as far as we know. To do this, I want to tell you about a situation that parallels the human mind.

Suppose a farmer has some land, and it's good, fertile land. The land gives the farmer a choice; he may plant in that land whatever he chooses. The land doesn't care. It's up to the farmer to make the decision.

We're comparing the human mind with the land because the mind, like the land, doesn't care what you plant in it. It will return what you plant, but it doesn't care what you plant.

Now, let's say that the farmer has two seeds in his hand- one is a seed of corn, the other is nightshade, a deadly poison. He digs two little holes in the earth and he plants both seeds - one corn, the other nightshade. He covers up the holes, waters and takes care of the land...and what will happen? Invariably, the land will return what was planted.

As it's written in the Bible, "As ye sow, so shall ye reap."

Remember the land doesn't care. It will return poison in just as wonderful abundance as it will corn. So up come the two plants - one corn, one poison.

The human mind is far more fertile, far more incredible and mysterious than the land, but it works the same way. It doesn't care what we plant...success...or failure. A concrete, worthwhile goal...or confusion, misunderstanding, fear, anxiety and so on. But what we plant must return to us.

You see, the human mind is the last great unexplored continent on earth. It contains riches beyond our wildest dreams. It will return anything we want to plant.

- Earl Nightingale
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm

I WAS LISTENING TO THE VOICES OF LIFE
    CHANTING IN UNISON
    CARRY ON THE STRUGGLE
    THE GENERATIONS SURGE TOGETHER
    IN RESISTANCE
    TO MEET THE REALITY OF POWER
    MOTHER EARTH EMBRACES HER CHILDREN
    IN NATUREL BEAUTY TO LAST BEYOND
    OPPRESSORS BRUTALITY
    AS THE BUTTERFLY FLOATS INTO LIFE
    WE ARE THE SPIRIT OF NATURELS LIFE
    WHICH IS FOREVER
    THE POWER OF UNDERSTANDING
    REAL CONNECTIONS TO SPIRIT
    IS MEANING OUR RESISTANCE OUR STRUGGLE
    IS NOT SACRIFICE LOST
    IT IS NATURAL ENERGY PROPERLY USED
    ONE TIME
    I WAS VISITING WITH MY RELATIVES
    THE CLOUDS THE MOUNTAINS THE SKY
    THE TREES
    MY RELATIVES TOUCHED MY SPIRIT
    NUDGED IT LOVINGLY
    LISTEN TO US IMPATIENT ONE
    WE ARE FOREVER
    YOU MUST REMEMBER THE GENTLENESS OF TIME
    YOU ARE STRUGGLING TO BE WHO YOU ARE
    YOU SAY YOU WANT TO LEARN THE OLD WAYS
    STRUGGLING TO LEARN
    WHEN ALL YOU MUST DO IS REMEMBER
    REMEMBER THE PEOPLE
    REMEMBER SKY AND EARTH
    REMEMBER THE PEOPLE
    HAVE ALWAYS STRUGGLED TO LIVE
    IN HARMONY IN PEACE
    STRUGGLE AGAINST SELFISHNESS AND
    WEAKNESS SO THE PEOPLE MAY LIVE
    AS NATION
    THE OLD WAYS ARE HARD
    THE PEOPLE HAVE ALWAYS HAD
    TO WORK TOGETHER
    REMEMBER IMPATIENT ONE
    REMEMBER AND LIVE
    DO NOT BE AFRAID OF TRUTH
    RESPECT DISCIPLINE
    SHARE YOUR LIFE SO THE PEOPLE MAY LIVE
    HONOR SKY AND EARTH
    HONOR YOURSELF

-JOHN TRUDELL
    Bones
    By: ‎"Make No Bone
    s About I
    t."
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:42 pm

"You see things that are and say 'Why?' But I dream of things that never were and say 'Why not?'"

Writer George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Love Always
    mudra
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:04 pm

THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:18 am

‎"You have noticed that everything an Indian does is in a circle,
    and that is because the power of the world always works in circles,
    and everything tries to be round.
    The sky is round and I have heard that the Earth is round like a ball and so are all the stars.
    The wind, in its greatest power, whirls.
    Birds make their nests in circles for theirs is the same religion as ours.
    Even the seasons form a great circle in their changing and always comeback again to where they were.
    The life of a man is a circle from childhood to childhood and so it is in everything where power moves."
    ~ Black Elk, Oglala Lakota
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:26 am

There is one God looking down on us all. We are all children of one God. God is listening to me. The sun, the darkness, the winds, are all listening to what we now say.
    Geronimo

Memories are simply patterns stamped on our minds. Don't let them make you believe you have done everything wrong. Make new choices, find new thoughts that feed your spirit. Speak courage. Intentionally cut sorrow and regret from your thought. Get rid of tears and, if you have to, force yourself to begin smiling. It is not ridiculous to set new standards. It is common sense to turn your life around when it doesn't work the way it is. Forget what others say and believe in the Good Father. It is their privilege to make decisions about their lives, but it is up to you to make your own. We are saying the same thing, we just say it in a different way. Find your own path and fill it with flowers. See something beautiful everywhere you look. Rejoice in life itself and find your own new and happier road.

from: GERONIMO 'A Cherokee Feast of Days', by Joyce Sequichie Hifler
    (thanks Mudra)

Last edited by THEeXchanger on Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra

Post  mudra on Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 pm

Susan the second paragraph comes from : GERONIMO 'A Cherokee Feast of Days', by Joyce Sequichie Hifler

Love from me
    mudra
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:08 am

Thanks Mudra :)
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger on Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:09 am

" Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. " - Ronald Reagan ... (Prostitution is the oldest profession).
    Floyd

Post  Floyd on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:40 pm

I wish I knew the good of wishing

H.S.Leigh
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel on Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:37 am

My Father used to say ;

Wish in one hand - Pee in the other - And see what You get first...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 am