tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~


    Ego

    Share
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Tue May 09, 2017 11:55 am

    Nirvāṇa (/nɪərˈvɑːnə, -ˈvænə, nər-/;[1] Sanskrit: निर्वाण nirvāṇa  [nirʋaːɳə]; Pali: निब्बान nibbāna ; Prakrit: णिव्वाण ṇivvāṇa ) literally means "blown out", as in an oil lamp.[2] The term "nirvana" is most commonly associated with Buddhism, and represents its ultimate state of soteriological release and liberation from rebirths in saṃsāra.[3][web 1][4]
    In Indian religions, nirvana is synonymous with moksha and mukti.[note 1] All Indian religions assert it to be a state of perfect quietude, freedom, highest happiness along with it being the liberation from samsara, the repeating cycle of birth, life and death.[6][7]
    However, Buddhist and non-Buddhist traditions describe these terms for liberation differently.[8] In the Buddhist context, nirvana refers to realization of non-self and emptiness, marking the end of rebirth by stilling the fires that keep the process of rebirth going.[8][9][10] In Hindu philosophy, it is the union of or the realization of the identity of Atman with Brahman, depending on the Hindu tradition.[11][12][13] In Jainism, it is also the soteriological goal, it represents the release of a soul from karmic bondage and samsara


    The literal meaning--blown out = death.
    There is no one left to experience the state---of non self or Self realisation---the discovery that the separate me is an illusion--it never existed---play of consciousness. The cosmic dance

    Nisargadatta is very clear on the Ultimate "state" Anything that can be described or labelled is not it.

    Stephen Wolinsky who spent time with Nisargadtta gives an account of the teaching and Nisargaddtta response to visitors experiences of paths and spirituality---"That's not it"

    Excerpts From Advaita Is Vedanta Part 2: Nothing Comes from Nothing.

    Over the last three decades, hundreds of questions have been asked which have never been “publicly” answered. After sorting out all the questions which inevitably repeat themselves again and again, only about 100 questions remained. Excerpts From Advaita Is Vedanta Part 2: selected about twenty of the one hundred Most Frequently Asked Questions to both explore and clarify.

    This video is offered at the feet of my Guru and Mentor Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj, whose meetings with him were truly the ultimate “luck-out”.

    May Maharaj’s grace and clarity blanket your heart and mind.

    Stephen (Narayan)


    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Wed May 10, 2017 5:04 am

    Vidya Moksha wrote:Red, hello. we havent met before, or again, so hello.
    i have to block you im afraid as i dont have the bandwidth, i dont even see your posts, its not that i am ignoring you, i dont see you, normally, but you replied in here and i saw it so here i am. i doubt i will do it again, so nice to meet you.


    lol hello tnx for the laugh man : )


    Last edited by RedEzra on Wed May 10, 2017 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 am

    Imagine how absolutely absurd it would be to try to escape reincarnation if in reality we just had this one life on earth... is like literally chasing shadows. What a waste of time thought and energy... if we are not actually recycled. Right ?

    It's almost so i hope the proponents of reincarnation are correct because it's just too absurd to contemplate if not.

    I can't remember any of my allegedly past lives although there are reports from people who supposedly can... but as we know human beings are not beyond lying to make a buck or push an agenda or just for the fun of it in fact.

    Hmmmm... if only humans could not lie. How beautiful would that be ?


    avatar
    Swanny

    Posts : 592
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Location : The Shire of Wilts

    Re: Ego

    Post  Swanny on Wed May 10, 2017 6:01 am

    RedEzra wrote:. but as we know human beings are not beyond lying to make a buck or push an agenda or just for the fun of it in fact.





    You know this yet still you read and preach from a book from a religion that is known to be a control system. Interesting
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Wed May 10, 2017 6:30 am

    Swanny wrote:
    You know this yet still you read and preach from a book from a religion that is known to be a control system. Interesting


    No doubt a lot of people have gained worldly power and made big bucks on that book. One can say they have used the bible to become rich and famous.

    But be that as it may.. my main concern is whether or not what is written in the bible is actually true or not. Like is there tangible evidence to support the bible story ? That's what i'm looking into... but i'm well aware of all the biblical absuse by churches up through history.

    And i don't like that at all... but some people will just use whatever also the bible to gain power and control.
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Wed May 10, 2017 3:49 pm

    One of the reasons I am attracted to the teaching of current Mystics like Mooji is they are alive here and now.
    The teaching is therefore direct from the teacher.

    It is my way to cross check the teaching by comparing these with what is ancient and modern.
    There seems to be a uniformity in what these mystics throughout the ages have experienced and shared.

    The process of becoming Self realised may have varied but most will say after the fact that they did not make it happen.
    It was spontaneous thing--the caterpillar became the butterfly so to speak.
    A provident accident---you cant make this happen but you can become accident prone.

    Jesus was one of the greatest teachers.

    Some thing worth thinking about is.
    The world was created billions of years ago--mankind a more recent event.
    Now would a loving God waited many thousands of years to reveal the Truth through Jesus or was there a long line of mystics since time began all saying the same Truth?

    The Truth being (to the best of my understanding) that God became all--the totality all of it without diminishing his self.
    If there is acceptance that God is omnipresent then there is nowhere that God is not--every atom every cell.

    God is the In dweller. "The Father within" I am That. One without a second.

    Chris


    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Thu May 11, 2017 2:29 am

    greybeard wrote:
    Some thing worth thinking about is.
    The world was created billions of years ago--mankind a more recent event.
    Now would a loving God waited many thousands of years to reveal the Truth through Jesus or was there a long line of mystics since time began all saying the same Truth?



    That's what science today is saying... but this same science is also saying there is no GOD or intelligent design in the universe... ? So science today does not come across as very trustworthy. Perhaps they are just pushing an agenda...

    In the bible there is listed the heads of generations and their age all the way back to the first man... and when we add their age the first man and woman lived about 6000 years ago and the world wide flood some 4000 years ago.

    So Jesus would be born in the middle of Abraham's time and our generation.


    In the bible we read that GOD revealed His truths to Noah to Abraham to Moses and the truths were written down... so Jesus did not first and foremost come to tell truths but to spill His blood for the atonement of all sins past present and future. And that is why sinners both before and after Jesus could be and can be forgiven... simply when we repent of sins and sin no more.

    When it is written down as one of GOD's truths that only the spilling of blood can atone for sins... then that's probably how it is. And that's why ancient Israel had a system of animal sacrifice to atone for the sins of the old world... but only GOD's blood can cleanse a soul.

    When it is written as one of GOD's truths that the soul who sins will die... then that's probably how it is. And that's why Jesus who is the Second Person of the Trinity and our Creator took one for the team of humanity so to speak.

    In justice a criminal found guilty of a severe crime deserves severe correction right... but Jesus took the torture and brutal death and went to hell in place of criminals... so that GOD is able to forgive every sinner who truly repent of sins... because Jesus has before the foundation of the earth paid the price for all criminals in full.

    It was GOD's plan all along to give mercy instead of justice to criminals if criminals repent and stop sinning... and thank GOD for that !
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Thu May 11, 2017 6:04 am

    Not getting into disagreement but there is written word in Sanscrit regarding God that is probably prior to the story of the bible---the first testament is evil personified in my opinion.
    Mystics of here and now are uniform and for that reason, reasonably reliable.

    Believe what you will but you are taking someone elses, who is long gone word for it,
    Many so called Christian religions have sprung from the bible--they all claim they got it right--wars have been fought in the name of God, of Christ. Not much love there. The mystics testify to a Loving God.
    The original meaning of the word sin is falling short of the mark
    With love
    Chris
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Thu May 11, 2017 6:41 am

    A lot of people have a healthy problem with GOD of the old testament but that is because they are not privy to the angelic human hybrids and chimeras of that time.

    I don't have all the facts about it but it is safe to say that someone was trying hard to disrupt or destroy the human gene pool. And that is quite serious... so serious that it probably required hard core action on GOD's part to save humanity itself.

    So imo GOD saved humanity back then... so why all the hate ? Why don't the Smithsonians show us all the bones of giants which they have stacked away and tell us that this was what our ancestors were up against... but with GOD's help we the human race saved the day !



    Flow of information evidence and even opinions is perfectly okay... no need to agree : )
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Thu May 11, 2017 8:58 am

    greybeard wrote:
    Mystics of here and now are uniform and for that reason, reasonably reliable.


    Another tongue in cheek post coming up chris...


    Mystics are mind gymnasts... meaning they can say a lot of shite in a very short time. Manual labour would probably cure them of this... as they just have too much time to think. Once again it comes down to... why are they not working ?



    No more am i basing my believes from someone who spent their first years on earth shittin their pants... make sense ?
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Thu May 11, 2017 9:54 am

    Dear friend I am not going to shift you but I think it is a mistake to lump all mystics into lazy fraud category
    Many spent time working gardens in Buddhist monasteries or plain 9-5 jobs pre awakening.  
    Many love God with all their heart.

    Beloved God
    I am born now from the womb of sleep
    I am determined to carry out all acts this day as offerings to Thee
    With thee ever present before my mind eye
    Let me not injure anyone let no one injure me
    Guide me direct me this day

    The acts of this day
    who's burden I placed upon You this morning are now over
    It was You who made me walk and talk and think and act
    I therefore place at Thy feet all of my words thoughts and deeds.
    Receive me now I am coming home to Thee

    That is a some what ancient non Christian prayer--same one and only God though.


    With love
    C
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Fri May 12, 2017 2:38 am

    greybeard wrote:Dear friend I am not going to shift you but I think it is a mistake to lump all mystics into lazy fraud category
    Many spent time working gardens in Buddhist monasteries or plain 9-5 jobs pre awakening.  
    Many love God with all their heart.


    Many love the thought about GOD... they are in love with their own emotions about GOD. They know that GOD made this and them and so they praise GOD in song and poetry...

    I'm just saying based on my research that Jesus is the visible GOD which men and women have praised for so long as an invisible GOD.

    That's it friend.
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Fri May 12, 2017 3:25 am

    Yes Jesus is/was the visible and worthy of Love--devotion.
    To my mind God is every where--the Tree the stone the animal the human.
    St Teresa when asked how she managed to work with the outcasts in India said
    "I see them as Christ in disguise"

    The "God" men of India on awakening were known to say "I am the totality all of it"

    Modern mystics say no separation no subject no object--just this.
    Everything of the same essence.
    All from the same source which is not seerate.

    You and I are getting close to finding out for sure when we leave this mortal coil--then our opinions will matter not.
    We are form, formless, both and neither.

    We came from formless became form and return to formless that's what years of research tells me.

    Am I right ---who knows.

    With love

    Chris
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Fri May 12, 2017 4:31 am

    I think we ought to drop the GOD connotation about men and women in India and elsewhere who love to fondle boys and money...

    Mysticism is initiation into the secret world of spirits and was the religion of all ancient nations... also GOD is Spirit but in the bible GOD is clear that those nations are run and ruled by deceiving spirits. So Israel was the only nation that had the truth about GOD back then when other nations were serving their gods with human sacrifice and prostitution.

    So the truth about GOD is to be found in the bible... and the lies about GOD is to be found everywhere else.

    And that is why satanists communists nazists catholics islamists who together rule the world... are busy pumping out lies about GOD in the name of mysticism and science.

    They have rejected GOD !
    avatar
    Swanny

    Posts : 592
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Location : The Shire of Wilts

    Re: Ego

    Post  Swanny on Fri May 12, 2017 6:37 am

    Of course they have rejected god. It's just an out of date control system
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Fri May 12, 2017 6:48 am

    With respect
    Which bible would that be?
    The one translated from Greek or from the original language?
    Bear in mind that the original was edited to suit the ruler of that time.

    I would not be inclined to lump all mystics of India or elsewhere into the same basket.
    Yes its true that some did as you say--but there is also the genuine.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

    Love Chris

    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Fri May 12, 2017 7:35 am


    That bible would be the septuagint translated into Greek from the Hebrew bible in the 3rd century bc... it is still in existence and found online.

    Centuries before the first council of Nicaea the Hebrew bible was written down in Greek which was the lingua franca of that time. And at Nicaea the christians came to a consensus regarding their religion and what christian texts to include in their canon.

    No doubt that the catholic church has been taken over by the forces of darkness... but back in the days christians were not willing to deny Christ at the point of death.

    What i have shown over at my bible thread is specific prophecies in the old testament which found fulfillment in the new testament. And that there is archaeological and astronomical evidence for the factuality of both testaments.

    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Fri May 12, 2017 8:59 am

    ReEzra I have respect for your intellect and belief.
    We will never have the same belief though and that's ok with me.
    God being beyond human definition --all powerful etc is not concerned what I believe.
    If there is a judgment I will be judged on my treatment of fellow men and love of the God of my understanding
    Love and gratitude is all I can give.

    With love
    Chris
    avatar
    NANUXII

    Posts : 287
    Join date : 2015-04-30
    Location : Uranus

    Re: Ego

    Post  NANUXII on Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 pm

    in the 80's two video formats were introduced Beta and VHS , as history tells VHS ended up being the widespread and accepted medium for home video systems but the Beta system was far superior a system and indeed used for all professional uses instead of VHS ... Why ? because of marketing ...


    a Similar situation we find our selves here with the bible.

    if you want the Beta of spiritual information choose this

    http://www.ancienttexts.org/library/egyptian/hermetica/index.html

    written thousands of years before the bible and mostly un changed because its not widely accepted.


    i hope this helps.


    Hugs

    N
    N
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Fri May 12, 2017 5:10 pm

    All posts are welcome

    Thanks for your contribution.
    avatar
    RedEzra

    Posts : 559
    Join date : 2014-04-24

    Re: Ego

    Post  RedEzra on Sat May 13, 2017 1:35 am

    greybeard wrote:ReEzra I have respect for your intellect and belief.
    We will never have the same belief though and that's ok with me.
    God being beyond human definition --all powerful etc is not concerned what I believe.
    If there is a judgment I will be judged on my treatment of fellow men and love of the God of my understanding
    Love and gratitude is all I can give.

    With love
    Chris


    I understand friend... ten years ago i would not believe me either. And i am reminded of what Jesus said...

    "However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?" - Luke 18:8



    ---

    Imagine just as an experiment that you had to present evidence for what you believe in a court of law... what evidence would you present for your view of reality ?
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Sat May 13, 2017 7:06 am

    Going back into obscurity Lol
    Hibernation or is it the garden calls.

    Love Chris
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Tue May 16, 2017 6:54 am


    Ivan Rados (Atma) is a meditation master who was born in Former Yugoslavia. At the age of 42 he experienced a profound inner awakening that changed his perception of himself and the reality, after which Atma was devoted to integrating his knowing into his being, marking the beginning of a movement towards the inner point, which he calls The Middle Point. He started teaching meditation regularly from his healing studio in Vancouver.

    As a healer, Atma is a true master of both himself and his life. Ivan asserts that he heals no one but simply helps people heal themselves through the power of Consciousness. His journey reads like a book of miracles, which he modestly labels “ordinarinesses.” The wisdom he shares comes from his deep roots in the One-Self, the source of everything. Atma has assisted thousands in reconnecting with their state of health, in personal, group and long distance sessions.

    Atma is not associated with any particular spiritual movement, religion or tradition. Atma's deep and authentic rooting in the unknown provides him the insight and ability to be of great service to the evolution of Consciousness in these most transformative of times.







    avatar
    JoeEcho

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2015-05-04
    Location : Temporal

    Re: Ego

    Post  JoeEcho on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:42 pm

    Ego as Sound

    Sound has always been, is, and always will be second through last place to silence. It can be said that sound doesn't even register to silence.

    To or in a universe filled with sound/ vibration, that is practically 'unheard' of.


    Old Mr. Webster could never define what's being said between your heart and mine wrote:



    Last edited by JoeEcho on Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added lyrics)
    avatar
    greybeard

    Posts : 282
    Join date : 2010-04-13
    Age : 72
    Location : Inverness Scotland

    Re: Ego

    Post  greybeard on Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:27 am

    Hi Joe
    good to see you here.
    I'm on holiday in Skye at the moment--giving the ego a rest--smiling.
    Love Chris

    Sponsored content

    Re: Ego

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:40 pm