tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~


    Solar Flares

    Share
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18214
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:53 pm

    I think science focussing on the study of matter alone can only give birth to limited answers.
    A holistic approach including all components of life Spiritual, Mental and Material is lacking nowadays.
    A clear realization of how these relate to one another would I believe end all controversial debates.

    Love from me
    mudra





    avatar
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

    Posts : 20986
    Join date : 2010-04-07
    Location : Hawaii

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Carol on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:46 pm

    The one thing I'm absolutely certain of is the inter-relatedness of everything.


    _________________
    What is life?
    It is the flash of a firefly in the night, the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

    With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:52 am

    lawlessline wrote:Floyd,

    Do your research properly Floyd listen to every side rather than the first handful you get. The dimensional aspect of the system is far greater than what you may think. But I know you are further down the line than that???

    Lawless

    t

    You assume too much Tom. Earthquakes and geology in general is a subject I have been interested in since I was the youngest member of the Liverpool Geological Society back in the 80's but I didnt feel it was necessary to tell you that until that comment above. Even got in the local paper but no photo left lol. Went on to study something completely different but always held my interest. So to glibly suggest I have been listening to the first handful of scientists I get to is both wrong and irrelevant old boy. I have indeed listened to every side, done my research properly but im not sure you have?

    Furthermore I dont need to scientists to tell me anything as you suggest there, even though you and others continually quote their work as you frantically google for articles relating solar storms as a causal influence to earthquakes and tsunamis etc but I do value their opinion. The piece you have linked to above like others have done, is an abstract it is not even the full report and I have seen that before.
    The abstract itself is not evidence of anything. It even says so. It says the word 'may' twice. Have you read the full study? It also says "On the other hand no clear evidence could be established that higher importance flares precede high magnitude earthquakes"

    Again what it does not say, in the abstract and presumably therefore the full study, is that solar flares are causal of tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes and geological events that end civilisations. It says it may have some effect. That may be the case or it may not. If I but my big toe in a pool of water it gets wet but it doesn't mean I drown. These reports are not saying saying solar flares cause tsunamis and earthquakes.

    As the man said below. Even if solar storms were never to happen again, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes would continue to occur without them because they are essentially interior driven events.

    Thus we need not worry about solar flares apart from admire their immense beauty.

    Solar flares and magnetic storms belong to a set of phenomena known collectively as "space weather". Technological systems and the activities of modern civilization can be affected by changing space-weather conditions. However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes. Indeed, over the course of the Sun's 11-year variable cycle, the occurrence of flares and magnetic storms waxes and wanes, but earthquakes occur without any such 11-year variability. Since earthquakes are driven by processes in the Earth's interior, they would occur even if solar flares and magnetic storms were to somehow cease occurring.
    http://millbrae.patch.com/articles/are-you-ready-for-a-big-earthquake


    Last edited by Floyd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 am; edited 4 times in total
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:00 am

    mudra wrote:I think science focussing on the study of matter alone can only give birth to limited answers.
    A holistic approach including all components of life Spiritual, Mental and Material is lacking nowadays.
    A clear realization of how these relate to one another would I believe end all controversial debates.



    I don't view this debate as being controversial and the facts as we can know them to date are clear. There are things we should be worrying about and things we should not be worrying about as there is no need. We should, IMHO be focusing our energies elsewhere rather than worrying about something that's never going to happen.

    This understanding that science brings needs to be augmented with an holistic, spiritual, ecological dimension in the light of how humans and the planet have a symbiotic relationship. The planet is delicately balanced and to a large extent we are the masters of the fates of future generations and the planet herself. For those who are not spiritual that's fine as one doesnt need to be to take part in ecological activity. It doesn't matter what you believe but the will to change is the most important factor that can apply to anyone and everyone.

    Solar flares are not going to be the cause of any ending of human civilisation. The possibility of that lies much closer to home. Despite fear mongering distractions.
    avatar
    Eartheart

    Posts : 456
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 52
    Location : surface omnidim gridpoint

    calming soothing uplifting flares?!?

    Post  Eartheart on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:13 am

    cheers sunny rendeer what a solar flair, today after this x-files (ehhh x-rays nneeehh X-flares) before yesterday the bodyelectric and etheric responds is absolutely stressfree and calming, can that be a new quality which would be normal in a concious solar space??? sunny



    The postquantum science, wich includes all notions of divine presence makes it easier to bring it all to gather in our minds and earthearts... Lmfao

    - there is clear indication that "cosmix rays"make clouds andweather (besides the chemotherpy trailsof the toxic mafia), even we cannot separate those rays (which i think are something else) from the sourced medium of electrospace... Hypnotize
    - our heliosphere is pervading all planets, the spaces between molecules and inside atoms as well, andsheextends well beyondthematerial plane into the higher spectrum of freqs and vibs - especial since it is alive through the shakti, which holds actualy partials of the original personality of goddesshood... geek
    -fractal & scalarfields steer the electromagnetic interactions between sunlord and planetary bodies,
    all "channels" for years x-plained that violent results stem from blocked conciousness and dark entety
    needing realignment, so the notions of flares make EQ's is mechanic BS. (Bravo Floyd)...
    -How we gonna feel and see our energetic unity after thehealing shift is yet unknown andwill belike a revelation for christ the cosmic physicist in us...
    - i am the orange flare of the new sun... VIVA the grand pulse which makes our Gaya2 the new center of creation...

    Hugs
    thanx for all this discussion to clear this nononodiscernment into a positronic discernment,
    lets know where we know!!!!!
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:35 am

    Floyd wrote:


    Solar flares are not going to be the cause of any ending of human civilisation. The possibility of that lies much closer to home. Despite fear mongering distractions.

    Sorry Floyd I thought this was a topic about solar flares creating Earthquakes. Sounds a bit like fear hoaring there Floyd. So is it about human extinction or Earthquakes so I don't was your time etc.

    Lawless
    t
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:56 am

    Floyd wrote:

    You assume too much Tom. Earthquakes and geology in general is a subject I have been interested in since I was the youngest member of the Liverpool Geological Society back in the 80's but I didnt feel it was necessary to tell you that until that comment above. Even got in the local paper but no photo left lol. Went on to study something completely different but always held my interest. So to glibly suggest I have been listening to the first handful of scientists I get to is both wrong and irrelevant old boy. I have indeed listened to every side, done my research properly but im not sure you have?

    I assume nothing my friend. To assume means you have judged, and as I am not that way inclined I tend to right things as they come or are, not pre-calculated. I used to be a member of the RSPB in the eighties and went on to do something completely different. That doesn't mean I am an expert on birds, only long legged ones.
    I would not ask someone who has a Geology back ground the inner workings of a solar flare, as I wouldn't ask a Astrophysicien the about the Geology of the earth. Sure each can give their opinion cause that always helps. There is no photo than going to all the real sources for each individual part of the solar set up to get an idea. But you know that already.

    Floyd wrote:

    Furthermore I dont need to scientists to tell me anything as you suggest there, even though you and others continually quote their work as you frantically google for articles relating solar storms as a causal influence to earthquakes and tsunamis etc but I do value their opinion. The piece you have linked to above like others have done, is an abstract it is not even the full report and I have seen that before.

    Not the full report due to the fact that the answer was in the part that is on offer.

    Floyd wrote:

    The abstract itself is not evidence of anything. It even says so. It says the word 'may' twice. Have you read the full study? It also says "On the other hand no clear evidence could be established that higher importance flares precede high magnitude earthquakes"


    This is exactly what I said that there is a connection. But when you wire up a telephone line there is loads of wires in the telephone cable and each has its place. I was saying that Flares play their part, but is not the singular reason for the earthquakes. Your liner view of this in your pre judgeented attitude leads you into dead end paths young man. Be careful my friend, but I am sure you know what you are doing.

    Floyd wrote:

    Again what it does not say, in the abstract and presumably therefore the full study, is that solar flares are causal of tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanoes and geological events that end civilisations. It says it may have some effect. That may be the case or it may not. If I but my big toe in a pool of water it gets wet but it doesn't mean I drown. These reports are not saying saying solar flares cause tsunamis and earthquakes.

    As you said above I think you do, You are now assuming. I am not saying it is not true for I don't assume when I don't know, coz I haven't seen the entire article.

    Floyd wrote:
    As the man said below. Even if solar storms were never to happen again, earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes would continue to occur without them because they are essentially interior driven events.

    This shows your simple lack of understanding of the geological world that surrounds you. If there is no solar flares at all the earth interior will change copletely creating even more earthquakes. This is true for greater number of flares. But your short sighted view of a solar life leads you into the misguided ego view point that us humans are the be all and end all of nature. That there is not the-ing after us or before. Both needing different understanding and being than can exist at this present time. The winding up of the inner core, Yes off topic bait, takes thousands of years to wok its way through the system. Not just 11 yrs.

    Floyd wrote:

    Thus we need not worry about solar flares apart from admire their immense beauty.


    There you go again floyd. deciding for others I know you really meant that is your opinion.

    Floyd wrote:

    Solar flares and magnetic storms belong to a set of phenomena known collectively as "space weather". Technological systems and the activities of modern civilization can be affected by changing space-weather conditions. However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes. Indeed, over the course of the Sun's 11-year variable cycle, the occurrence of flares and magnetic storms waxes and wanes, but earthquakes occur without any such 11-year variability. Since earthquakes are driven by processes in the Earth's interior, they would occur even if solar flares and magnetic storms were to somehow cease occurring.
    http://millbrae.patch.com/articles/are-you-ready-for-a-big-earthquake


    To be honest it sounds like you are worried because I don't from this side. Relax max.

    Lawless

    t
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:26 pm

    Phew! for a minute there Tom I thought you were going to post a link to an abstract from a study that admits its has inconclusive evidence as to whether are not solar flares cause earthquakes in the vane hope it would provide absolute proof.

    Tom you assumed that I only consulted a handful of scientists when I have been into the subject for years. Even before the mists of avalon. Plain and simple.

    This is what you said "Do your research properly Floyd listen to every side rather than the first handful you get"

    I have to say your research has been pretty shoddy Tom and you have shown nothing convincing. You could give Patrick Geryl a ring lol and ask him for some evidence. I have listened to every side which is why I am where I am now. One must always look at both sides of an argument to see which one does not stand up.

    But you were so very wrong about assuming what you did. But lets move on.

    I understand plenty space weather effects earth in various ways thanks very much.

    You have provided nothing to show that that solar flares are the cause of earthquakes apart from some conjectural stuff that may or may not have some effect. The odd abstract and quote. Even the scientists behind these studies will not fully admit that solar flares are the determining causal factor in an earthquakes or a volcano. Some influence on some quakes perhaps but one swallow does not a summer make.

    Earthquakes and volcanoes happen all the time. More often than not without solar flares being around because they are internally driven. What does that tell you?

    It means that your theory that solar flares are the cause of earthquakes is severely dubious.. Maybe the ones that do happen at the same time show minimal effects but that does not mean they flares are the causal factor. How can it be when quakes happen without flares etc/

    Im not deciding anything for anyone. Just my own POV.

    Im not worried Tom- just showing how easy it is to debunk bullshit pseudo scientists like Geryl who makes money from talking absolute bollocks.
    Oooyeah 1



    Last edited by Floyd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:42 pm; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 pm

    Eartheart wrote: so the notions of flares make EQ's is mechanic BS. (Bravo Floyd)...
    -

    Im not sure about the other parts of your commentary EH but this part is certainly true. But dont thank me.
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18214
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:58 pm

    Floyd wrote:
    I don't view this debate as being controversial and the facts as we can know them to date are clear. There are things we should be worrying about and things we should not be worrying about as there is no need. We should, IMHO be focusing our energies elsewhere rather than worrying about something that's never going to happen.


    Floyd I was'nt thinking of the controversy of the debate going on this thread but rather about what's taking place in the realm of Science itself where people come up with models that aren't unified. So long as they will study matter alone without seeing the relation between the realm of Spirit and the manifested world something will always be badly missing I believe.
    But that really is the subject of another topic of it's own.

    I have absolutely no idea wether solar flares would be able to cause mass extinction on Earth.
    That's not what I heard about anyways where I cared to pay close attention.
    I am taking notice that alarming scenarios are predicted here and there but I don't align the course of my life around them.

    Regarding forecasted cataclysmic events of any sort I would'nt go into a panic mode myself anyways as this is part of speculation.
    I have undergone enough cataclysmic episodes in my life to have come to realize that what goes away brings always something new and worry and fear are of no use unless you overcome them completely.

    I tend to agree with you about the fact that a common endeavour starting with each one individually in healing Earth from the burdens we have inflicted on her by working along with her rather than against , is part of our humane responsabilities if we want to make sure to create a future that is harmonious for all.
    What else is there to do but to give our very best to what we have as it is today.

    Love from me
    mudra




    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:37 pm

    lawlessline wrote:

    That is far too simplistic Floyd, you have a greater intelligence to understand that Earth quakes and volcanoes are not just tied to solar spots but the planet rings like a bell so you should be looking at the spikes to get a small view of how this planet works. Once you start adding in like human activities on land sea and air then we could connect the dots. It would be like saying that there is no connections between drinking and driving that account for all the mortality rates on this planet.

    Not like you to be that simplistic.

    Lawless
    t

    Floyd wrote:Phew! for a minute there Tom I thought you were going to post a link to an abstract from a study that admits its has inconclusive evidence as to whether are not solar flares cause earthquakes in the vane hope it would provide absolute proof.

    Tom you assumed that I only consulted a handful of scientists when I have been into the subject for years. Even before the mists of avalon. Plain and simple.

    This is what you said "Do your research properly Floyd listen to every side rather than the first handful you get"

    I have to say your research has been pretty shoddy Tom and you have shown nothing convincing. You could give Patrick Geryl a ring lol and ask him for some evidence. I have listened to every side which is why I am where I am now. One must always look at both sides of an argument to see which one does not stand up.

    But you were so very wrong about assuming what you did. But lets move on.

    I understand plenty space weather effects earth in various ways thanks very much.

    You have provided nothing to show that that solar flares are the cause of earthquakes apart from some conjectural stuff that may or may not have some effect. The odd abstract and quote. Even the scientists behind these studies will not fully admit that solar flares are the determining causal factor in an earthquakes or a volcano. Some influence on some quakes perhaps but one swallow does not a summer make.

    Earthquakes and volcanoes happen all the time. More often than not without solar flares being around because they are internally driven. What does that tell you?

    It means that your theory that solar flares are the cause of earthquakes is severely dubious.. Maybe the ones that do happen at the same time show minimal effects but that does not mean they flares are the causal factor. How can it be when quakes happen without flares etc/

    Im not deciding anything for anyone. Just my own POV.

    Im not worried Tom- just showing how easy it is to debunk bullshit pseudo scientists like Geryl who makes money from talking absolute bollocks.
    Oooyeah 1


    Floyd my friend, I am starting think that you are just looking for a sparing partner. Because if you had really read the first post you will see in black and white. Precisely what you are taunting is ludicrous and just straight forward BS. You are saying that I stated that there was a direct cause between solar flares and earthquakes. Where in my first post That Is totally the Opposite. Why F? I don't understand your attitude. If you have an axe to grind with Brook, because you said she was just coming here for a bust up. Me tinks you are the one who is looking for the crap that you are exactly trying to fight. Weird F.

    As for assuming, and yes I haven't counted but the volume of science links that you shout about is limited. Sure more than I have offered but as I said I write what is felt rather than preload the response and tailor make it. So it is not just an assumption. But as you are waiting, and yes that is an assumption, for the yes Floyd you are right you are thee greatest, Then here you go my dear.
    My serious love to your understanding, and hope your shine like it does for ever.

    Or do you prefer WOW Floyd your are on the button my friend.

    What ever it is I wish you the best in your discoveries in the realm you find yourself.

    The world is round but sure aint smooth.

    Lawless
    t
    avatar
    magamud

    Posts : 1280
    Join date : 2012-06-17

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  magamud on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:39 pm

    Floyd is a good example of scientific arrogance and its inflexibility to track the truth as it happens.

    This over time causes debt in the system, a rudder change, a change in perspective. Floyd can see the truth, but he cannot.

    If this system goes unchallenged over years it can be quite dangerous...

    A runaway Train?
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18214
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:31 pm

    lawlessline wrote:
    The world is round but sure aint smooth.

    Lawless
    t

    And it's not always easy to build that bridge to the other edge.
    We are simple but our ideas make the world a complicated place to dwell.

    Hugs

    Love from me
    mudra

    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:00 am

    Tom

    You seem to be answering recently with some strange emotionally based stuff that deals with attempts to understand and judge my nature that is irrelevant to the topic at hand. You are way off the mark but thats ok I wont hold it against you.

    Firstly lets deal with the minor peripheral stuff. The brook thing was a playful jibe after her recent comment about the mists on the Thuban chat she made a few weeks ago as to being so glad she left the mists and is were she was now. I interpreted this as she will be back any minute lol due to the non traffic at her new forum and the controversy surrounding it. . and lo and behold! In saying that this place is hardly busy either. Of course she would come back and why not. She likes it here really. But if you would rather talk about that and emotional stuff in lieu of the evidence that you dont have thats fine lol.


    Im not looking for a scrap. Im looking for answers as to why people would say there is a link between solar flares and earthquakes and tsunamis and not be able to provide conclusive evidence to back up their claims apart from links to a few abstracts which I have already seen a while back. Have you noticed the dates on some of them? . When a scientist says the evidence is not there to support this claim they are not saying it to piss people off lol. They are just doing their job and more often than not they are good at it. Dont you see Tom. The claim cannot be substantiated.

    The main reason for starting this thread was to demonstrate that the information being used by fear mongers like Patrick Geryl and Masters is built on foundations of sand. Then, you and others entered my thread postings links to abstracts and so on claiming (yourselves) that there was a link between the two when there is no conclusive proof there is, so therefore what you are saying cannot be substantiated. I noticed someone dropped in the word heliocentric and you mentioned climate change so perhaps that was the road you were walking towards. Perhaps the slender and tenuous hypotheses linking space weather to terrestrial geological activity would help you to base theories supporting these views? Alas there is none.

    You also mentioned somewhere irrelevant stuff about scientists having egos etc. I just don't think that's relevant and possibly, incorrect. Have you met them all personally Tom? You should know better than that mate to judge and make assumptions. In my view they are doing a great service and I have no reason to assume they are egotistical. That's just a non argument pure and simple.

    There is a dangerous undercurrent (in my view) in conspiracy circles to shun traditional science and accept only fringe science which is based on flimsy ground that some times has an agenda.
    This leads to a kind of anti science paranoia which is why pseudo science thrives in alternative circles and the people that peddle it and the publishing houses that sell it start rubbing their hands when they get dollar signs in their eyes as the gullible thousands line up to purchase it whilst building their underground Acme Anti-Flare shelters from www... XXXX me a solar flare is coming quick run as fast as you Xxxxxxxx can.com lol.

    Certainly new discoveries are made and paradigms shift but this is not the case here at the moment. It would be foolish not to think new discoveries replace older ones and even more foolish for particular individuals to remark that I am not aware of this bless them.

    The evidence to link solar flares to earthquakes is coincidental on an infrequent basis and inconclusive and that's why the there is no evidence for it because it is unreliable and not significant enough

    Earthquakes happen all the time without them. The pseudo scientists like to take this poor data and base grand theories around them claiming this that and the other. Like the world ending this year because of freak space weather that is predicted. It sells books but it is complete horse XXXX as you know. That is why mainstream science can be our friend and not our enemy and there is more often than not no reason to mistrust its findings, specifically when there is little else to offer in its stead.

    You need to understand this is nothing personal Tom which is why I have left assumptions about your nature out of it and focused on the issue and the lack of evidence surrounding it.

    In the meantime I would recommend all watching this simple video on what does cause geological (non atmospheric) activity rather than what does not cause it.

    http://www.learner.org/resources/series78.html

    This series shows the physical processes and human activities that shape our planet. From earthquakes and volcanoes to the creation of sea-floor crusts and shifting river courses, Earth Revealed offers stunning visuals that explain plate tectonics and other geologic concepts and principles. Follow geologists in the field as they explore the primal forces of the Earth. This series can also be used as a resource for teacher professional development.
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:26 am

    mudra wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    I don't view this debate as being controversial and the facts as we can know them to date are clear. There are things we should be worrying about and things we should not be worrying about as there is no need. We should, IMHO be focusing our energies elsewhere rather than worrying about something that's never going to happen.


    Floyd I was'nt thinking of the controversy of the debate going on this thread but rather about what's taking place in the realm of Science itself where people come up with models that aren't unified. So long as they will study matter alone without seeing the relation between the realm of Spirit and the manifested world something will always be badly missing I believe.
    But that really is the subject of another topic of it's own.

    I have absolutely no idea wether solar flares would be able to cause mass extinction on Earth.
    That's not what I heard about anyways where I cared to pay close attention.
    I am taking notice that alarming scenarios are predicted here and there but I don't align the course of my life around them.

    Regarding forecasted cataclysmic events of any sort I would'nt go into a panic mode myself anyways as this is part of speculation.
    I have undergone enough cataclysmic episodes in my life to have come to realize that what goes away brings always something new and worry and fear are of no use unless you overcome them completely.

    I tend to agree with you about the fact that a common endeavour starting with each one individually in healing Earth from the burdens we have inflicted on her by working along with her rather than against , is part of our humane responsabilities if we want to make sure to create a future that is harmonious for all.
    What else is there to do but to give our very best to what we have as it is today.

    Love from me
    mudra


    Mudra, perhaps we shouldnt always operate from the belief that some have saying that spirit is behind matter. Some people are atheists or agnostics Mudras and would not reach the same conclusions about the nature of universe as say yourself. Clearly there, one reality can be experienced and understood in the outer and the other in the inner. As you say thats another story. personal beliefs are not relevant when we all have a common aim of preserving this gem of a planet. Im not sure what time those who are about to ascend would give to planetary conservation however.

    What is important, as you say, is that people of all faiths and all scientific beliefs come together to find ways to sustain our planet, make it a better place to live on and rid it of the pollution we are choking her with. Unfortunately there are dark forces that think the world and her resources are a bottomless pit and they are driven by greed, money and over consumption.

    As far as cataclysms concerned if they happen they happen. From the evidence available solar storms will not be the cause of any cataclysms. In saying that, a giant asteroid could land on earth when tomorrow and land right on my arse squashing my arse cheeks and sending me out into oblivion beyond the Dark Side of the Moon.
    The only thing that would be important to me in that case would be did I live life doing the right things, did I play my part, do I have any regrets.

    Unless of course I didnt give a damn and found the random squashing of my arse cheeks by a gigantic celestial body a random consequence just one of those things. A bad day at the office lol.
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:38 am

    Floyd wrote:Tom

    You seem to be answering recently with some strange emotionally based stuff that deals with attempts to understand and judge my nature that is irrelevant to the topic at hand. You are way off the mark but thats ok I wont hold it against you.

    Firstly lets deal with the minor peripheral stuff. The brook thing was a playful jibe after her recent comment about the mists on the Thuban chat she made a few weeks ago as to being so glad she left the mists and is were she was now. I interpreted this as she will be back any minute lol due to the non traffic at her new forum and the controversy surrounding it. . and lo and behold! In saying that this place is hardly busy either. Of course she would come back and why not. She likes it here really. But if you would rather talk about that and emotional stuff in lieu of the evidence that you dont have thats fine lol.


    Im not looking for a scrap. Im looking for answers as to why people would say there is a link between solar flares and earthquakes and tsunamis and not be able to provide conclusive evidence to back up their claims apart from links to a few abstracts which I have already seen a while back. Have you noticed the dates on some of them? . When a scientist says the evidence is not there to support this claim they are not saying it to piss people off lol. They are just doing their job and more often than not they are good at it. Dont you see Tom. The claim cannot be substantiated.

    The main reason for starting this thread was to demonstrate that the information being used by fear mongers like Patrick Geryl and Masters is built on foundations of sand. Then, you and others entered my thread postings links to abstracts and so on claiming (yourselves) that there was a link between the two when there is no conclusive proof there is, so therefore what you are saying cannot be substantiated. I noticed someone dropped in the word heliocentric and you mentioned climate change so perhaps that was the road you were walking towards. Perhaps the slender and tenuous hypotheses linking space weather to terrestrial geological activity would help you to base theories supporting these views? Alas there is none.

    You also mentioned somewhere irrelevant stuff about scientists having egos etc. I just don't think that's relevant and possibly, incorrect. Have you met them all personally Tom? You should know better than that mate to judge and make assumptions. In my view they are doing a great service and I have no reason to assume they are egotistical. That's just a non argument pure and simple.

    There is a dangerous undercurrent (in my view) in conspiracy circles to shun traditional science and accept only fringe science which is based on flimsy ground that some times has an agenda.
    This leads to a kind of anti science paranoia which is why pseudo science thrives in alternative circles and the people that peddle it and the publishing houses that sell it start rubbing their hands when they get dollar signs in their eyes as the gullible thousands line up to purchase it whilst building their underground Acme Anti-Flare shelters from www... XXXX me a solar flare is coming quick run as fast as you Xxxxxxxx can.com lol.

    Certainly new discoveries are made and paradigms shift but this is not the case here at the moment. It would be foolish not to think new discoveries replace older ones and even more foolish for particular individuals to remark that I am not aware of this bless them.

    The evidence to link solar flares to earthquakes is coincidental on an infrequent basis and inconclusive and that's why the there is no evidence for it because it is unreliable and not significant enough

    Earthquakes happen all the time without them. The pseudo scientists like to take this poor data and base grand theories around them claiming this that and the other. Like the world ending this year because of freak space weather that is predicted. It sells books but it is complete horse XXXX as you know. That is why mainstream science can be our friend and not our enemy and there is more often than not no reason to mistrust its findings, specifically when there is little else to offer in its stead.

    You need to understand this is nothing personal Tom which is why I have left assumptions about your nature out of it and focused on the issue and the lack of evidence surrounding it.

    In the meantime I would recommend all watching this simple video on what does cause geological (non atmospheric) activity rather than what does not cause it.

    http://www.learner.org/resources/series78.html

    This series shows the physical processes and human activities that shape our planet. From earthquakes and volcanoes to the creation of sea-floor crusts and shifting river courses, Earth Revealed offers stunning visuals that explain plate tectonics and other geologic concepts and principles. Follow geologists in the field as they explore the primal forces of the Earth. This series can also be used as a resource for teacher professional development.


    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am

    Right.
    Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am





    Gangsta style lol
    avatar
    magamud

    Posts : 1280
    Join date : 2012-06-17

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  magamud on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:01 pm

    Grass growing


    Cymatics Music


    John Telfer outlines his project exploring the interrelationship of cymatic phenomena and music.



    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18214
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:18 am

    Floyd wrote:

    Mudra, perhaps we shouldnt always operate from the belief that some have saying that spirit is behind matter.

    I appreciate you not going too affirmative about that one Floyd :)

    Love from me
    mudra
    avatar
    devakas

    Posts : 2039
    Join date : 2010-04-10

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  devakas on Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:09 pm

    Vedic literature explains that there is only one sun per universe. Each universe has only one sun. (to read more refer to Sri Swami Prabhupada's books). Our suns, planets, moons are only reflection from this sun in spiritual sky. There is spiritual sky, unmanifested matter and manifested material world. :) Vedas does not advise material bondage to this illiusionary material energy.
    avatar
    Eartheart

    Posts : 456
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 52
    Location : surface omnidim gridpoint

    Radha's tears

    Post  Eartheart on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 am

    She looks into some imaginary spaces,
    waiting for his return with aching heart,
    fully detached from this old worlds rumors
    and all of her particel streaming after her vision
    of spontanous loove arising & belooved behold
    to take this sadness from my creations...
    avatar
    ceridwen

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2012-02-13

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  ceridwen on Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:43 am

    I thought this video is very accurate



    Haven't seen Floyd posting lately, is he OK

    Flowers
    avatar
    Brook

    Posts : 3446
    Join date : 2010-08-21
    Age : 63

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Brook on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:29 pm

    That's a predictable view from DCSYMBOLS...the maker of that video. You see the things and people he talks about directly go against his "work". Wanna know what he works on?

    Astrological planetary alignments and earth quakes among other things....



    however on his site he explains it better....

    http://dcsymbols.com/future/future.htm

    among other things...

    http://dcsymbols.com/index.htm

    DCSYMBOLS was a staunch opponent of a member here "Instigator" who used to report his videos here:

    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t891p150-earthquake-volcano-watch-prediction-thread

    who btw has a pretty good "hit record" and now has his own site

    http://solarwatcher.net/

    I believe Mr. DCSYMBOLS also did a video directly at the Solarwatcher and his videos.

    Now again I have no idea who this Patrick guy is...and from the sounds of it that's probably a good thing. Or not. Is 2012 the end of the world? Doubtful....I won't hold my breath for that one. However science is studying the suns dynamo effects and the connection to seismic activity.

    What was the title of this thread?

    Solar Flares
    Will solar flares destroy Earth?

    ie: Earthquakes, volcanos, mass distruction......

    I suggest we consult the Celtic Oracle Wink

    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t5361-celtic-oracle-daily-readings


    https://www.facebook.com/CelticOracle


    Energy reading for 14/9/2012

    We are again experiencing low frequency waves from a planetary harmonic (sound) quake. Planetary quakes are common when there are magnitud 6+ quakes. There is an asteroid flyby today, NASA said it can be observed with back yard telescopes.
    Otherwise is calm


    Have a nice weekend


    Electromagnetics for 2nd November

    The electromagnetic storm from yesterday has subsided and it looks all clear sunwise

    We had a gamma burst from Sagittarious that seem to be creating some disturbances in the low frequency bands. Sporadic low frequencies are being registered in the seismographers

    Meaning that just a bit off normal

    Have a nice weekend

    Electromagnetics for November 1st

    The CME that was expected arrived on time and we are having and uptic in electromagnetic activity. KP 3 and higher pressure 12.6 nT (normally 3 to 5). No significan quakes for now


    Energy reading for October 12

    We are still experiencing a fast solar wind. The magnetosphere is a bit unsettled and might stay unsettled for the rest of the day. We are also experiencing low frequency waves caused by two 6 + quakes early this morning



    on that note I did find a cool video on Mr DCSYMBOLS site Wink

    avatar
    ceridwen

    Posts : 267
    Join date : 2012-02-13

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  ceridwen on Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:14 am

    The lady who does the Celtic Oracle https://www.facebook.com/CelticOracle is a friend of mine Brook, she does not believe AT ALL something horrible will happen this December

    Like me, she is a pagan who understands the cycles of nature and does not buy into the New Age scaremongering deception

    I read her facebook posts everyday, I have NEVER seen her posting anything that implies Earth will be obliterated in any way or form, her readings are wise and uplifting. She does an electromagnetic report for sensitive people so they know which energies have to be cleared from their bodies. Electromagnetic disturbances are part of traveling at great speed through the solar system http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/question.php?number=356 There is always a bit of fluf here and there Earth needs to deal with and solar re-charging cycle

    You see, as pagans we know mother Earth has a mind of her own and she will not have what she does not want. Earth changes are normal, our problem is we built our homes and towns in the wrong places like flood plains, low lying seashores, crossing dragon paths, etc. Earth can not help us if we do not listen


    Peace

    Flowers


    Sponsored content

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:42 pm