tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Wi-Fried

Pris

Wi-Fried

Post  Pris on Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:14 am

ABC Catalyst Wi Fried

https://vimeo.com/155864822

Science Censorship in Australia: The retraction of the ABC TV Catalyst “Wi-Fried?”
    Posted on July 5, 2016

The Australian ‘Catalyst’ program tackled the very controversial science dealing with the possible health effects of wi-fi and cell phones, in a provocatively entitled “Wi-Fried?”, broadcasted on February 16, 2016 by the ABC TV.  Many of the viewers agreed with the opinions presented in the “Wi-Fried?” and many disagreed. Those who disagreed pressured the ABC TV to retract the “Wi-Fried?” and they succeeded. As of the July 5, 2016, by the decision of the Director of Television, Richard Finlayson, the program was retracted and is no longer available on the Catalyst’s website.  While I personally do not agree with several statements made in the “Wi-Fried?” program, I think the retraction of the program and suspension of the journalist, Maryanne Demasi, are too harsh actions. It appears that the ABC TV was possibly “pressured” to act and “scapegoats” were to be found and “retracted and suspended”.

Every single person in that process watched the “Wi-Fried?” program before it went to air and every single person determined that the program was sufficiently balanced (it does not have to be “50/50”) and sufficiently fairly represents the various range of views on the issue.

Given that this many people scrutinized the program and determined that it was sufficiently fair and balanced, it gives an indication of how many “errors and misjudgments” were made by the many layers of ABC TV management, for which “the scapegoat” pays the price.

The potential conflict of interest (CoI) might be also involved.

For entire article:
    https://betweenrockandhardplace.wordpress.com/2016/07/05/science-censorship-in-australia-the-retraction-of-the-abc-tv-catalyst-wi-fried/

Open Letter re: ABC Catalyst Wi-Fried Documentary, Australia.

July 5, 2016.  I recently learned that Wi-Fried, produced by Maryanne Demasi and aired on ABC, Catalyst in Australia, has been removed from public viewing.Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 10.36.10 AM

As a scientist who does research in this area I find this documentary to be among the best I’ve watched so far.  It raises awareness and shares concerns that scientists and medical doctors have about our rapid expansion of wireless technology and exposure to radiofrequency (RF) and microwave (MW) radiation.  Well-respected experts in the field were interviewed and the information provided was accurate.  Multiple sides of the issue were expressed, which is the norm in “balanced” reporting.

Reporters and documentary makers should not shy away from controversial issues.  Indeed some of the best documentaries are controversial.  The fact that “not all scientists” agree that “radiofrequency radiation is harmful below guidelines” is not novel and should not be used as the reason to remove this documentary from public viewing.

The weight of evidence (as applied in science rather than a court of law) is a highly robust assessment and the weight of evidence clearly indicates that RFR is harmful at levels below international guidelines.  There is nothing “unorthodox” about this perspective.  Indeed, thousands of scientific papers have been published documenting that RF/MW radiation causes cancer, damages sperm, and contributes to symptoms of electrohypersensitivity at levels well below those deemed to be “safe” in Australia.  Mechanisms include–but are not limited to–abnormal calcium flux from cells, increased permeability of the blood brain barrier, increased histamines and cortisol (short-term), increased stress proteins, DNA damage, increased oxidative stress, decreased neurotransmitters, decreased hormones and impaired repair mechanisms.

Some “disagreements” about agents that may be harmful to the environment or human health are manufactured by the very industry that gains financially from the sale of these agents, and the wireless industry is no different.  Several examples of tobacco and asbestos were provided in the documentary and there are many more from lead to mercury to DDT to acid rain to climate change.  The more powerful the naysayers the more important it is to have these documentaries aired.

Even the wireless industry states that the devices should not be kept on the body and government agencies in many countries are providing information on how to minimize exposure to radiofrequency radiation.  School Boards that were early adopters are removing Wi-Fi from schools.  Guidelines for RFR range orders of magnitude in different countries, which indicates that the thermal guideline (used in Australia and Canada, Britain and the United States) is not the only guideline recognized by governments.

The two most common exposures and the ones increasing most rapidly in the environment are from cell phone radiation (and cell towers) and Wi-Fi routers (and similar devices that use 2.4 GHz frequencies) and these were the key exposures presented in Wi-Fried.

For entire letter:
    http://www.magdahavas.com/open-letter-re-abc-catalyst-wi-fried-documentary-australia/

Broadcaster defended the program in February:
    http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/1604_demasi.pdf
    mudra

Re: Wi-Fried

Post  mudra on Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:34 pm

I guess one has to follow the money on this one and look who is behind  all these people who disagreed with the program and whose power was strong enough to be able to put the necessary pressure needed for the program to be removed .

The world is upside down when the many things  that destroy it receives a pat on the back and a green light to move forward and the things  that could heal it face obstacles.

Bright  minds  with constructive ideas aren't lacking on this planet.
    One door that closes and a new one will open I believe for the good will is present and internet a tool for information  to spread quickly.. There is a wealth of data on the internet and almost everyone of us is able to research by one's own and make our own opinion. We don't need to take the word of  corporations for granted anymore these days. That time of blind trust is over.

Maybe that as a species we moved from infancy where a child tends to believe and obey everything adults say to the teen age revolution where we begin to reject it all in an attempt to find how things really are by our own.

Adulthood will follow and hopefully as this matures some wisdom as a whole finally be reached .
    Patience and persistence Wink

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:40 pm

mudra wrote:The world is upside down.....

That time of blind trust is over.

Patience and persistence  Wink

Love from me
    mudra

Yes, in this world, the 'crazier' you get, the more sane you become.

I like having these little talks with you, mudra.  Toast

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:25 pm