tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

“Be the flame, not the moth,” advised Casanova

mudra

Re: “Be the flame, not the moth,” advised Casanova

Post  mudra on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Pris wrote:.

[size=16]Some thoughts while reading all the above...

It may well all be nothing, but we sure love to stuff it with something.

Thinking about it... that's the last thing I think I ever want to be... 'an insufferable bore'.

I am THAT... which persists just because it's more fun than not persisting (or not existing) at all.

I'm all for finding keys and finding doors to fit the keys into because it causes me to have such great delight.

'The meaning of life is just to be alive.'  That's nice.  Tell that to the marmots.  Let's not leave out playing and having fun.

We love to move furniture around.
    JoeEcho I noticed on another thread calls this Recreation.
    We are good at recycling at the soul/mind level Cheerful

I think you keep finding interesting doors to open Pris and one can feel the fun you have doing this. Your insatiable curiosity  keeps you delighted and alive. You must have brought the right keys with you into the game.

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 pm

Last edited by Pris on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Last edited by Pris on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:12 pm

This......

Is a good thread Cool
    Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:22 pm

JoeEcho wrote:The proverb curiosity killed the cat, says the cat perished but what it doesn't explicitly say is how. I choose to think it was with laughter. What a great way to go.......

Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:41 pm

Last edited by Pris on Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Swanny wrote:This......

Is a good thread Cool

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:09 pm

I'd like to take moment to talk about nothing. THIS moment, not the one you're thinking of.  Wink

When is absolute NOT absolute? When 'its' defined.

When are you NOT you? When you're defined (in anyway).
    This, or course, includes YOU and everything YOU stands for/ defined by.
    What any other YOU thinks of YOU applies as well.

It goes along with the saying, "one can see and still be blind" See?

See the sea.
    See the sea you saw
    And still not see the sea.

Old Mr. Webster could never define
    What's being said between your heart and mine

Why never defined? Because there is no distance between. Definitions are for the distance between which includes the distance for (h)ear to (h)ear.  silent

How is that for moving furniture around, mudra?

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:27 pm

I got a kick out of the curiosity killed the cat memes, Pris. I enjoyed the 'thinking out of the litter box' way about them.

"Curiosity both killed the cat and and didn't kill the cat," said Schrödinger.

Okay, he didn't say that, I did. But wasn't he inferring it? cat

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 pm

If something was created something ‘ahead of its time’ that no one saw (except the artist, of course) and hid it away say 1,000 years. Wouldn’t, upon its discovery, be viewed as a new creation?

Everything new to you is New. Doesn’t matter if the narrative ‘before’ says it’s not New. That’s is the narrative not that between the lines.

Birth a narrative as is death, The Reader. The Reader perceives the wheel as a reading from beginning to end. The Reader can re-read the narrative, jump around, or edit the narrative in innumerable ways. That is why fate (the ending) is also the beginning. You the Reader began the narrative which is also the end/ beginning (again).

The author has elected names, places and date changed to protect the innocent. No wonder people think this is a NEW (one and only) life. Many if not most things appear new as if it’s a first go around.

Hypothetical:
    Say we knew each from birth, spending our lives together like peas in a pod sharing everything for 50 years. Now….
    there is technology that can change just about everything about ones looks from plastic surgery to changing the sound of ones voice. Let's say I also have years away to do all this in addition to developing new interests, new accent, maybe become fluent in another language. Do you think you’d recognize me? Could I be perceived as just another face in the crowd?

In keeping with the theme of the thread, the moth is the ability to morph, possibly so convincingly that one forgets what they change from, let alone what a 50 year best friend wouldn't recognize.

The following song touched on what I wrote above. The video hints at a truth beyond perception though the narrative could easily be changed.

Do you, the Reader, (remember) loving me before we met? That's okay, I knew I loved you before we met for the both of 'us'.

The Karen  Hadriel  Flowers  Toast  Candle in the Wind  Gathering  And for Pris, Malletzky..... what can I say, sometimes it's crazy love.   cat

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Life Trip aka (LT) Light 1.0
    No leaving, no going back.

When did the trip began? When will it end?

That which wears blinders has always worn blinders, they are one.

When the focus is on the taking off of the blinders the focus is on the blinders (to be taken off). This is no different then blinders and not knowing. Life (blinders), everything imaginable, here.

This is water.

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:27 am

mudra wrote:

Quite a riddle that could easily lead one into a brainstorm and running into circles
    therein until a shift in consideration suddenly blows the doors wide open.

The above guide post when taken apart  brings  this back to awareness.

What I have realized is that it isn't just in the shallows one can run in circles, it's the depth too. And that's why.... how could anyone feel they are above another? It's random how we view each other differently. It's like we have kaleidoscopes for eye and the kaleidoscope is turned to various degrees from each other thus 'seeing' things different degrees. No degree is better or worse than the other.  

Also, maybe it's the running in circles that creates space? A space is where consciousness resides. The conclusion would be that the running in circles and consciousness are mutually dependent. We are doing it now as the writer and the reader.

mudra wrote:

Hubbard had a rather pragmatic way of discussing creation, persistence and destruction.

Scientology Axiom 11

The considerations resulting in conditions of existence are fourfold:

a. AS-ISNESS is the condition of immediate creation without persistence, and is the condition of existence which exists at the moment of creation and the moment of destruction, and is different from other considerations in that it does not contain survival.

b. ALTER-ISNESS is the consideration which introduces change, and therefore time and persistence, into an AS-ISNESS to obtain persistency.

c. ISNESS is an apparency of existence brought about by the continuous alteration of an AS-ISNESS. This is called, when agreed upon, reality.

d. NOT-ISNESS is the effort to handle ISNESS by reducing its condition through the use of force. It is an apparency and cannot entirely vanquish an ISNESS.  

Love from me
    mudra

You keep this up mudra and your going to raise my interest in Scientology. Actually when I was like 15, one time I was walking around the city and saw a library though a window with people reading. I went inside thinking it was a public library and I quickly realized it wasn't but I remember being curious as I have always been drawn to knowledge based books. No one stopped me and asked why I was there or what was the place. I remember it being Scientology because it was prominently displayed on the wall or the like. It's as if I floated in there like a ghost and out again. I don't remember why I left or never returned but probably was the teenager mind off doing something else.

Later, over the years, in my trek/ search through various 'rooms' of spirituality, one of the rooms I had wanted to visit again was Scientology less so probably dues to how it is portrayed in media circles that I have encountered. And probably more so because there are so many rooms! Cheerful

I  think if I was to get 'into' Scientology it would be though bits and pieces like you have offered and put them together from the perspective I am at now. I've never been one that swallows any religion as a whole. I always sensed each one was missing something but I did not know what. This doesn't mean they did not have it, its just I never saw it if they did.

I've never understood the rigidness of the religions I encountered and Scientology seems so rigid that I would have to learn the marrow of Scientology in the eclectic way that I do things. You used the word "eclectic" in a post in this thread and I was drawn to look it up again. It perfectly describes my path through spirituality. I've never had a word for it until 'eclectic', it's just the way I have always rolled. I had no one to show me this path and many times it feels like I am 'off-roading' or hacking through a dense jungle with a machete. Sometimes a scary pah like I was questioning God directly and would do such a thing? Then the next, exhilaration! Exhilaration in discovering things I never expected to discover. Something deep inside me was telling me that this was proof I wasn't crazy to go the way I went. And if you think about it, it makes sense, why go down a path you already expect it leads too? Where is the adventure in that?

Spirituality, like life, is an adventure or nothing at all. Well, it is both but that is for another time.

(I debated posting this because I talk too much and ramble but what the hell, maybe readers will find it worth reading....)

Creating space......

Last edited by JoeEcho on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:59 am; edited 3 times in total
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:45 am

HA!

I'm in the lyrics of a song! cheers

Delilah's in the bath tub now and it's Black-Eyed Susan's turn to ramble.

Signed,

Black-Eyed Susan

P.s.

Pris

Post  Pris on Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:32 pm

JoeEcho wrote:The author has elected names, places and date changed to protect the innocent. No wonder people think this is a NEW (one and only) life. Many if not most things appear new as if it’s a first go around.

...to 'protect' the innocent and the guilty.  Mustn't leave anyone out. Oooyeah 1   

JoeEcho wrote:The following song touched on what I wrote above. The video hints at a truth beyond perception though the narrative could easily be changed.

Do you, the Reader, (remember) loving me before we met? That's okay, I knew I loved you before we met for the both of 'us'.

The Karen  Hadriel  Flowers  Toast  Candle in the Wind  Gathering  And for Pris, Malletzky..... what can I say, sometimes it's crazy love.   cat

"I knew I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life..."

It's the same old story.  
    Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back again...

playing out backwards and forwards throughout eternity...

It's heartbreaking...

It's serious love...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PBWJ0sypTo

Kryten: It's the old story: droid meets droid, droid becomes chameleon, droid loses chameleon,
    chameleon turns into blob, droid gets blob back again, blob meets blob, blob goes off with blob
    and droid loses blob, chameleon and droid. How many times have we heard that story?

Pris

Post  Pris on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:13 pm

JoeEcho wrote:Life Trip aka (LT) Light 1.0
    No leaving, no going back.

When did the trip began? When will it end?

That which wears blinders has always worn blinders, they are one.

When the focus is on the taking off of the blinders the focus is on the blinders (to be taken off). This is no different then blinders and not knowing. Life (blinders), everything imaginable, here.

But, wait... no danger... no fear... a newborn baby has no blinders...

'Unlearn what you have learned' --
    BE BORN NEW AGAIN

Pris

Post  Pris on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 pm

JoeEcho wrote:What I have realized is that it isn't just in the shallows one can run in circles, it's the depth too. And that's why.... how could anyone feel they are above another? It's random how we view each other differently. It's like we have kaleidoscopes for eye and the kaleidoscope is turned to various degrees from each other thus 'seeing' things different degrees. No degree is better or worse than the other.  

I feel the same way -- how can anyone feel that they are 'over' anyone/anything else?  The idea is incomprehensible to me.

I think of us all as equals, I always have.

This is why I don't like to use the word 'understand' anymore (even referring to abstract ideas) when I learned that it literally means to 'stand under'.  To tell someone to 'stand under' me, for example, goes against every fibre of my being.  Why?  Because I DO NOT LIKE IT when someone wants me to stand under them.  Such perceived 'authority' -- who are they to think they are 'higher' than me?  If I don't like it, I'm pretty sure most other people don't like it -- most would resist.  Unless you're some kind of masochist or something and love being dominated, great.  Clearly, I'm NOT one of those types.
    Luke
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Pris wrote:
    JoeEcho wrote:The author has elected names, places and date changed to protect the innocent. No wonder people think this is a NEW (one and only) life. Many if not most things appear new as if it’s a first go around.

...to 'protect' the innocent and the guilty.  Mustn't leave anyone out. Oooyeah 1   

You're so right, I am guilty of the omission.

I feel the handcuffs and whips are in order.

Pris wrote:"I knew I loved you before I met you, I think I dreamed you into life..."

It's the same old story.  
    Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back again...

playing out backwards and forwards throughout eternity...

It's heartbreaking...

I have this vision of people wanting to see all their loved ones in another life. They get that wish except they only recognize them as strangers. The positive spin would be the opportunity to fall in love all over again.

I don't think it's necessary that one recognizes me specifically from another life, just knowing what perception is capable of is itself a powerful awareness, IMO.

mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:14 pm

JoeEcho wrote:
    mudra wrote:

Hubbard had a rather pragmatic way of discussing creation, persistence and destruction.

Scientology Axiom 11

The considerations resulting in conditions of existence are fourfold:

a. AS-ISNESS is the condition of immediate creation without persistence, and is the condition of existence which exists at the moment of creation and the moment of destruction, and is different from other considerations in that it does not contain survival.

b. ALTER-ISNESS is the consideration which introduces change, and therefore time and persistence, into an AS-ISNESS to obtain persistency.

c. ISNESS is an apparency of existence brought about by the continuous alteration of an AS-ISNESS. This is called, when agreed upon, reality.

d. NOT-ISNESS is the effort to handle ISNESS by reducing its condition through the use of force. It is an apparency and cannot entirely vanquish an ISNESS.  

Love from me
    mudra

[size=16]You keep this up mudra and your going to raise my interest in Scientology. Actually when I was like 15, one time I was walking around the city and saw a library though a window with people reading. I went inside thinking it was a public library and I quickly realized it wasn't but I remember being curious as I have always been drawn to knowledge based books. No one stopped me and asked why I was there or what was the place. I remember it being Scientology because it was prominently displayed on the wall or the like. It's as if I floated in there like a ghost and out again. I don't remember why I left or never returned but probably was the teenager mind off doing something else.

Later, over the years, in my trek/ search through various 'rooms' of spirituality, one of the rooms I had wanted to visit again was Scientology less so probably dues to how it is portrayed in media circles that I have encountered. And probably more so because there are so many rooms!  Cheerful

It's a co creation as they say nowadays . This triggers that . JoeEcho once entered a Scientology Church and no one noticed him ( which in itself is amazing ) so he left with the idea in mind " What is this all about ? " .
    The thought hung there through space and time and now mudra appears in JoeEcho's universe and brings some answers here and there as JoeEcho's wonderings he shares on this forum call the answers back to her awareness.
    Everything is filed in the mind with a tag ready to be pulled out in due time.

Love from me
    mudra

mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Pris wrote:

Funny how when 'they' talk about the so-called 'five senses', they seem to like to infer that they are distinct and separate.

Just try to eat your dinner with a blindfold on.  Just try to eat that apple with your nose pinched and tell me it isn't a potato.  How more magnificent is the vision of a tree when you can hear the wind in its leaves.  

All the senses act in tandem to 'create' the 'real-world' illusion we may consider persistent.

So, maybe it would be more accurate to say we have one multi-faceted sense of illusory sense.  Oooyeah 1 [/size]

Very good observation Pris cheers

Hubbard managed to isolate at least 57 perceptics we as soul beings are having.
    Becoming aware of these is easy and gives us such a richer vocabulary then the  5 senses commonly taken into account.  It is  common on this planet to consider the flesh body only while the soul is being left in the closet.

Time
    Sight
    Taste, Color, Depth
    Solidity (barriers)
    Relative sizes (external)
    Sound
    Pitch
    Tone
    Volume
    Rhythm
    Smell
    Touch (pressure, friction, heat or cold and oiliness)
    Personal emotion
    Endocrine states
    Awareness of awareness
    Personal size
    Organic sensation (including hunger)
    Heartbeat
    Blood circulation
    Cellular and bacterial position
    Gravitic (self and other weights)
    Motion of self
    Motion (exterior)
    Body position
    Joint position
    Internal temperature
    External temperature
    Balance
    Muscular tension
    Saline content of self (body)
    Fields/magnetic
    Time track motion
    Physical energy (personal weariness, etc.)
    Self-determinism
    Moisture (self)
    Sound direction
    Emotional state of other organs
    Personal position on the tone scale
    Affinity (self and others)
    Communication (self and others)
    Reality (self and others)
    Emotional state of groups
    Compass direction
    Level of consciousness
    Pain
    Perception of conclusions (past and present)
    Perception of computation (past and present)
    Perception of imagination (past and present)
    Perception of having perceived (past and present)
    Awareness of not knowing
    Awareness of importance, unimportance
    Awareness of others
    Awareness of location and placement (masses, spaces and location itself)
    Perception of appetite
    Kinesthesia

Not a long cat but quite a long list  Hugs

I found that to become aware of all these various senses  is giving us such a richer vocabulary to describe inner and outer world then the usual five senses belonging to the body.

Love from me
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:37 pm

mudra wrote:It is  common on this planet to consider the flesh body only while the soul is being left in the closet.

mudra

Post  mudra on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 pm

JoeEcho wrote:
    mudra wrote:It is  common on this planet to consider the flesh body only while the soul is being left in the closet.

That video you posted is private JoeEcho and can't be seen by me.

Love Always
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:43 pm

mudra wrote:
    That video you posted is private JoeEcho and can't be seen by me.

Love Always
    mudra

*fixed*

My bad, apparently it was in the 'closet'.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:40 pm