~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Jeff Daugherty Christian Whistleblower

burgundia

Re: Jeff Daugherty Christian Whistleblower

Post  burgundia on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:43 pm

orthodoxymoron

Re: Jeff Daugherty Christian Whistleblower

Post  orthodoxymoron on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:17 pm

What's been written and said about the Bible is a Messy-Zoo, and who knows where the Truth ends and the BS begins?! I just finished watching a documentary called 'When God Left the Building' regarding the Severe-Decline of the Church and Spirituality. The Church-Model seems to be highly-flawed in modernity. Separately, it appears that the Bible and Judeo-Christianity are highly-flawed when the Judeo-Christian Scholarship of the Last 200 Years are honestly studied by the Best and the Brightest. This creates a Nasty-Vacuum for All Sorts of Revolting-Developments to rush into. It seems as if we're screwed in more ways than we can imagine. This goes for EVERYONE. Still, this stuff is a fascinating study if one has the time, talent, and stomach for it. I've tried to do some of this in my threads on this website, but everyone seems to not wish to talk to me (going back quite a few years now). A couple of years ago, Sherry Shriner made an interesting show regarding Christianity. I've listened to it many times, and I've recommended that others listen to it repeatedly BUT with a Sea of Salt. I don't know where the Truth ends, and the BS begins. Also, there's a miniseries from 1978, called 'The Word'. I watched it in its entirety when it first aired. It was a six-hour miniseries, but it seems that only three-hours are currently available. I've recommended reading Job through Daniel straight-through, over and over. These ten books don't necessarily support Judaism or Christianity. Once again, I don't know where the Truth ends, and the BS begins. I've tried to create some sort of a Jackson Pollock version of Religious and Political Science-Fiction as an attempted alternative Search for Truth. I guess I'm committed to doing what I'm doing, regardless of whether anyone likes it or not, but I'm trying to cut way-back on my Exercise in Futility. Fasten Your Seatbelts. I Think We Might Be In a Graveyard-Spiral.

Current date/time is Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:51 am