tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

QUESTION: Why doesn't duality and nonduality

JoeEcho

QUESTION: Why doesn't duality and nonduality

Post  JoeEcho on Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 am

Why doesn't duality and nonduality, together, make up a duality in and of themselves? If the forementioned sentence is broken down mathematically then in a rational dualistic 'reality', nonduality does not exist and yet it is mentioned as if it does. Which is it? For it certainly can't be both, that would be dualistic in nature.

The unknown is only known in word/ idea. Like only seeing an outline of a person which suggests the outline was created by a person but of course and outline is not a person. We could assume the outline is the person if that is all we ever see from memory to present, that is how powerful the mind is.

It's amazing that as powerful as the mind is, there will always be 'one' thing the mind cannot conceive of other then to believe it can.

This has been a service announcement from Hint Hint Inc.

mudra

Re: QUESTION: Why doesn't duality and nonduality

Post  mudra on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:53 pm

JoeEcho wrote:

This has been a service announcement from Hint Hint Inc.

LOL nicely said JoeEcho.

Love from me
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:37 am

Isn't that what language is? A hint of that's beneath? The trick to avoid is mistaking the hint to be equal to what it hints of.

What has been swept under the rug, you ask?

mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:44 pm

Love Always
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:06 am

My words complex code
    Decipher simple.

I know, I know, it's a poor translation as my words form kaleidoscopic colors within artistic dreams, decipher simple.

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:42 pm

Water asks itself, "Where did I come from?"

The same place as the question.

Where does the question come from?

No point in asking twice.
    mudra

Post  mudra on Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:40 am

That fleeting moment where silence is struck in awe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MzZTtvdOw

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:53 pm

Alan Watts - When you're silent it speaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pcLuwxhhkk

Love Always
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:40 am

What if enlightenment was the first fall along with this very thought.

The fall is a stacked deck. What? You thought it was a real choice?

mudra

Post  mudra on Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:03 am

JoeEcho wrote:What if enlightenment was the first fall along with this very thought.

Love Always
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:24 am

mudra wrote:
    JoeEcho wrote:What if enlightenment was the first fall along with this very thought.

Love Always
    mudra

Elevation comes equipped with its own curse
    mudra

Post  mudra on Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:05 am

Love Always
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:40 pm

mudra wrote:

Love Always
    mudra

Oddly enough, the one who fell is just as enlightened as those at the top, it just doesn't seem that way.

Beware of enlightenment that is self-evident, that may be the one stumbling block. Ha Ha Ha, there he goes down the hill! Wink

It would be like looking for evidence of enlightenment, you'll never find irrefutable proof either way. And if someone would appear more enlightened then another like a 'master'.....well.... that could be a very will placed act. Someone who looks for proof is actually looking for the best reality show, so convincing in fact that it is forgotten, for a time, that it's all for show.

If ever you are offered the 'red' or 'blue' pill, take them both. Take one or the other and your choice is made. Take them both and your options are open.

Am I enlightened? There are two masters you can ask, one is lying and the other isn't speaking.
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:01 am

There is no reward for being enlightened in the end any more then 'less so'.

It is a temporal gift much like any other gift.

We are not that which is given or lost.

Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:07 am

Enlightenment can be a momentary experience that lasts a lifetime. However, there are those (mostly in India) and I met a Christian woman who managed to remain in a state of enlightenment (god intoxication if one wishes to call it that) at all times.

The women I met in Oakland had a remarkable story to share as she had been a pastor who went in for a minor surgery where they accidentally amputated both of her legs. She had been a tall statuesque woman who woke to discover her legs missing and began screaming out to god, WHY? Whereupon, she had a flashback to a previous life where she had lost her legs and had become very bitter. Prior to dying in that life she wished to correct her attitude and have a similar experience in her present life. Being a devout Christian she also found herself in the presence of Christ for days on end during her remarkable rapid healing process. When someone went up to her to offer sympathy she stopped them and let them know that her situation was a great gift as it allowed her to remain in Christ's presence and develop humility. Recovered after her surgery, wearing prosectics, she would walked down the center of the church isle during the procession to give her sermon. He congregation were often in tears at how courageous she was during her slow progress down the isle. Her sermons were divinely inspired as she was literally in the presence of Christ which allowed the transmission of Christ's vibrational frequency directly to her congregation. She truly was an amazing testimony of how Christ can change one's life. Her story of past reincarnation and how it replayed itself out in her current day life was a memorable personal testimony of a multi-dimensional reality that exists for those who chose to know the truth of their existence.

Last edited by Carol on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:32 am

Aspire to be inspired.

I once stumbled upon a Master Buddhist Monk when accidentally finding his lost donkey. True story. My body worker was one of his disciples and would often go to meditate with him along with a small group of people on a regular basis. During the group meditation he would often levitate. In a private conversations I remember him say how people seek to live in beautiful places going from one beautiful place to the next. Such has been our lives since experiencing the San Francisco 7.0 earthquake in 1989 and wondering if I was going to survive on the second floor while everything was crashing down to the floor all around me. Of course, 6 months later, literally heading for the hills to live in Yosemite brought it's own earthquakes and raging fire experiences as well. Yet, it was truly a beautiful place to experience natural beauty and to meet the levitating Roshi Dupont.

orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:10 am

I remember hearing Dr. Walter Martin ('The Bible Answer Man') saying that people were actually levitating, but he didn't think that was a good thing!! I've seen objects intelligently moved by unseen-forces, but I didn't think that was a good thing!! As most of you know, I'm considering the possibility that God, Goddesses, Angels, and Demons REALLY Exist, but that this isn't necessarily a good thing!! I'm considering the possibility that God is Mighty, but not necessarily Almighty. I Believe, but I don't know what I Believe. I'm highly distressed by my current Theological-Conceptualizations. I continue to think that reading Job through Daniel side-by-side with Luke through Jude (read straight-through, over and over) yields a very-different view of God, Goddesses, Angels, and Demons than found in the pontifications of nearly all Atheists and Theists. I tend to think we've ALL Been Deceived by the God of This World (and ourselves). I suggested to 'RA' that Humanity had been easy to deceive. 'RA' replied "VERY Easy!!" 'RA' said "I've always remained one step ahead of Humanity!!" 'RA' said "87% of Humanity will go insane when they learn the whole-truth!!" 'RA' said all of the above as though he really meant it. If 'RA' was a fraud, he was a Pro. That's all I'm going to say about that (for now).

Swanny

Post  Swanny on Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:39 pm

I thought christians didn't believe in reincarnation?
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Correct. That is until they remember previous lives. Supposedly when they open their heart to Christ they go to heaven and don't have to reincarnate. I've no clue if this is true or not but this is their belief.

Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:50 pm

Oxy.. RA is non-existent to me. A few other deities did present themselves during meditation including Quan Yin and Christ but the topper was Christ.

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:10 pm

Heaven, reincarnation of another flavor.

orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Carol, I continue to Know That I Don't Know, so I whisper and whimper as I create Religious and Political Science-Fiction on this particular website. 'RA' could've been 'CHRIST' and/or 'ANTICHRIST' and/or 'SATAN' and/or 'LUCIFER' and/or 'MICHAEL' and/or 'GABRIEL' and/or 'AI' and/or 'AGENT' and/or 'ANGEL' and/or 'DEMON' and/or 'DR. WHO KNOWS WHO'. I continue to consider the possibility of the Central-Governance of this Solar-System by One-Being (possibly with Multiple Bodies and Personalities) for at least the past 5,000 years, for better or worse, I know not. I currently wish to know the Real-History of This Solar-System for at least the past One-Million Years, but I suspect that the Rabbit-Hole is exceedingly and unbearably Dark and Deep. I Doubt That I Can Handle the Truth, so Ignorance is Probably Bliss and a Virtue, and I doubt that I'll get that Absolute-Access Pass anytime soon, which might be just as well.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 am